Netjack2 - Foobar2000 (or any other win32 player) and jackrouter asio driver

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Current system is a windows machine running the player (foobar2000) through netjack2 sync-ed to a linux box running ubuntu intrepid running a jack2 server routed through brutefir and out of the sound card....

To get netjack2 working originally I had to use a branch version of jack2 from svn that was jackdmp 1.90.... anything later and the asio driver for foobar (or any other windows player for that matter) crashed as soon as I selected it.

Now that there is a new version of brutefir and jack2 has moved on to version 1.9.3 I thought I'd give it another go, still the same outcome.... Using the latest trunk version of jackdmp, complied from source for windows, the asio driver crashes foobar, winamp, wmp etc instantly.... Has anyone got this latest version of jack working in windows???

phofman said:
I wish netjack was part of the windows jackd port.

Do you mean as opposed to netjack2?

phofman said:
Hooking linux sound server to windows client on the sound layer level is a very important issue. I am afraid I have not seen it solved yet, apart of notices about some old esound client for WinNT.

I agree. Its all well and good to have a dedicated linux box with all your flac encoded audio on, but the ability to use a linux box (and all the advantages that affords) seamlessly connected to a windows machine (losslessly) has to be a goal.... think media center pcs, and all the mainstream dj software... I feel robbed that I was very close to that, but newer versions of jack2 just dont want to work.... sigh.

Joined 2004
Paid Member
I think the goal is to use Windoze as a "player" because of a media manager program on Windoze but the digital stream is routed through to Linux to get played through a Linux audio client using brutefir for some audio processing service.

Seems like a lot of effort to get something that could be done using MPD on the Linux box and Minion on the Windows side. However there may be some appeal to Foobar that I have missed. . .

Particularly challenging since Vista's sound layer is more screwed up than XP's. Win 7 could be even worse. . . not that the Mac OSX is particularly kind to audio either.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.