Preamp with dsp eq/xo

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Ex-Moderator R.I.P.
Joined 2005
Strange times coming posting a preamp in digital forum...or it could even be in loudspeaker forum :rolleyes:

Could anyone please give some light to what this unit can do and cannot

I would like to do it with dsp eq and 3way xo...but not sure it will do what I need

Actually I have no clew how it works
Will it need a usb connected PC
Will it do measurements etc

http://hifiakademie.de/?id=3.2&si=MTIzNzQyOTY5NC4xNTY0fDgwLjE2NS4xNTcuOHwg

Attachments

• fertig_pre21.jpg
    fertig_pre21.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 205
Hello,

I can't read German but the add says "Stereo preamp" so I guess 3 way crossover is out of question... which is a shame since this kind of products is very scarce. :whazzat:

Alternatively, you have the DCX2496 but it can't be used as a preamp without serious mods and is designed for pro connections. Futhemore, the built quality is not that of the company you mention.

Hi kepa1

You are correct, it is a stereo preamp in the basic version.
However, you can add extension modules (phono input, additional volume controllers for up to 10 channels, dspModule to adapt it to your room or as a active filter) and thus also implement an active filter in the product.
The dspModules are configured using a USB interface via software on a PC. You can import your own measurement data into this software so that you can work directly. The dsp-core and the user software for the modules are the same ones used in the cdPlayer. For more information about this, see the report in English at http://www.6moons.com/audioreviews/hifiacademy/player_2.html
All information on the Web site is in German only, which makes it harder for someone who cannot speak German.

Hi kepa1

Yes and no.
A PreAmp with 6 filtered outputs is possible with my products, but not for 1,000 € :(
The PreAmp is available as a complete product and for DIY construction.
As a complete product, the PreAmp costs 820 € (including taxes).
A dspModule costs 180 € (including taxes) and for 6 channels, 3 modules are required.

In DIY form, you can buy the assembled PreAmp module (560 €) or the PCB to assemble yourself (410 €).
The comtrol unit with the touchpanel is only available in assembled form. The prices also include access to the circuit diagrams and the documentation (available in German only).
The dspModule is almost entirely assembled in SMD and is therefore available only as an assembled module (180 €).

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.