Hissing DCX2496

After much fiddling around today, I found that my DCX2496 was producing hiss on one of the channels... It sounds a little like white noise.

The strange thing is, when I first turn the unit on, it's fine, and it only starts making noise after 30mins or so.

After searching around, apparently this is caused by the output PCB shorting against the case, so I opened it up, and lined the case with electrical tape.

Now, after putting it back together, I still get hiss! :mad: It's only doing it on a single channel, channel 4. Now, as I'm using 4 channels, I simply replugged the XLR into channel 6 and no more hiss...

Now, I'd like all my channels to be hiss free, how can I fix this?

After much fiddling around today, I found that my DCX2496 was producing hiss on one of the channels... It sounds a little like white noise.

The strange thing is, when I first turn the unit on, it's fine, and it only starts making noise after 30mins or so.

After searching around, apparently this is caused by the output PCB shorting against the case, so I opened it up, and lined the case with electrical tape.

Now, after putting it back together, I still get hiss! :mad: It's only doing it on a single channel, channel 4. Now, as I'm using 4 channels, I simply replugged the XLR into channel 6 and no more hiss...

Hi
Just wanted to know if you solved the hissing problem, mine does it too, on all channels.....used for years without any problems, hmmmm...hope you got an answer.
Cheers, Tom.

Hissing dcx2496

I replaced the 6 caps after the 3 dacs, that solved the problem, use low esr caps...