DCX2496 connected to AVR for 2-Way (Newform)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Rudolf said:
Thanks Markus,

but I need a solution without soldering inside the DCX.
I will try a simple voltage divider a la Sengpiel put inside the XLR jack.

Thank you guys, Markus and Rudulf for your effort and information. To connect DCX2496 to HiFi gear seems not so easy to do "right" then - hum...?

Although this is diy Forum, my capabilities is limited to more or less to the speaker's wood-working part and as for "electronic diy" I am afraid I must depend on others. It also means that any soldering inside the DCX would be over my head I am afraid.

There must be hundreds of people using DCX2496 with HiFi gear and same as I do just using simple XLR/RCA plugs for connection. I would be glad learn to learn even any "less worse solution" (compared to simpe plugs) if such solution would be of improvement. I made quick search in th gigantic DCX2496 thread and maybe below post is similar what Rudolf mentioning..or.?

#post202
Hi !
Another solution is to implement a dividing network on each of the outputs.
I use 20db attenuators made of two resistors soldered into the XLR connectors : 10Kohms in series with signal pin and 1Kohm between signal pin and ground pin.

This is called also a T-pad : Attenuator calculator or even Another calculator

It is very efficient, cost is close to zero (a bunch of resistors can be bought for a few cents) and it works a treat !
Thierry

Best
LageB

Markus,

I don´t want to invest that much money in my DCX.

I tried that 10/1 kOhm attenuator in the XLR connectors (plenty of room inside :rolleyes: ) and it makes a substantial difference. To play it real safe I will change to 20/1 k in the long run. That will keep input voltage at the AV receiver below 0.3 V all the time.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.