AD 846 replacement

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there.

Have an old D/A kit (AIDA from the danish magazine High-fidelity) i want to bring back from the dead.
It uses 2 pcs of ad846 which i sold a long time ago. This opamp is no longer made, so which can i use instead directly without any mods?? any advise would be appriciated, thanks :D

Or should anyone have 2 they no longer need, id be happy to buy them.

/Per

LME49713

Has anyone experience with this opamp? How does it sound?

I'm looking for an alternative in my preamp for second stage to replace my LM4652 which isn't so bad!

The 49713 needs a low input impedance about 2k so ordinary 10k log pots won't work!?

Regards

Thomas

AX tech editor
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Re: LME49713

Tolu said:

I'm looking for an alternative in my preamp for second stage to replace my LM4652 which isn't so bad!

The 49713 needs a low input impedance about 2k so ordinary 10k log pots won't work!?

Regards

Thomas

... and the max impedance seen from a 10k pot wiper is 2.5k, so not that bad anyway.

Jan Didden

gary s said:
Hi.

Has anyone tried the NS LME49710, which is available in both packages. I would be interested in any thoughts or comparisons that may have been done.

Regards

Gary..

Hi Gary

I am using the 2-channel-version LM4562NA in a KR Audio Electronics P150 preamp which had replaced the built-in OPA2134. They are very very good if you like a clean, rich and detailed sound with no lack in any frequency band. Bass is deep and well controlled, highs are detailed and nearly perfect, mids are very euphonic.
Very important: you need two stages otherwise sound is a little bit thin.

The OPA2134 is great two but a little bit more laid back and not so detailed but not that bad anyway. An interesting solution was OPA2134 for first stage and LM4562 for second (output) stage.

At the moment I see no need for a discrete solution.

Regards

Thomas

Re: LME49713

Tolu said:

Regards

Thomas

This opamp is a current feedback design. The feedback resistor is determined by looking at the curves for the device. The best resistor is about 1.2k.

Therefore, the shunt resistor (resistor to ground) is very low-for a gain of ten it would be 120 ohms.

The gain would not be 11 though-it's ten-because the non inverting imput is simply an inverting buffer whose output is tied to the - input.

Normally, you do not feed any signals into the -input. All audio goes in through the + input, which has an input impedance of about 1.2 megohms.

Vasestar,

Maybe this post is long time dear, but I have not seen it before now... .

To get your AIDA up running as original - I would love to donate you a few AD846 current op-amp's. This AIDA construction was from the 'golden days' of the magazine.

Just contact me if you still need them :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.