I2S from Juli@ PCI sound card

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

I would like to connect my Ayon DAC via i2s to the ESI Juli@ card. The connections on the Ayon are through RJ45 as under:

Pin 1: GND

Pin 2: BCK

Pin 3: GND

Pin 4: LRCK

Pin 5: GND

Pin 6: DATA

Pin 7: GND

Pin 8: GND

I would be grateful if someone could tell me the corresponding Pins on the Juli@ card. I will use CAT5 or CAT6 cable.

Thanks in advance,

Max

errmm they go to ground ;) you will see this set up in quite a few i2s implementations. you will also see it in ethernet and many other communications protocols. basically its that way so each signal can be twisted with ground for better noise reduction. so if you are making your own interconnect, just use a tightly twisted pair for each, and if you use a pre made cable like eSATA or something, you should find that there is a number of twisted pairs already, just use them as they are and connect to ground as you can

Since the Ayon has an RJ45 I2S connector, I cut a ethernet cable and soldered the corresponding wires as per the Ayon pinout to the Juli@. I get sync on the Ayon but when I play a test sound through windows, all I can here is static.
Any ideas? Thanks.
Cable length is less than a foot.

Since the Ayon has an RJ45 I2S connector, I cut a ethernet cable and soldered the corresponding wires as per the Ayon pinout to the Juli@. I get sync on the Ayon but when I play a test sound through windows, all I can here is static.
Any ideas? Thanks.
Cable length is less than a foot.

There are several I2S variants. Juli's ICE1724 is configured to use 24bit word, for details see http://alsa.cybermirror.org/manuals/icensemble/Envy24HT091DS.pdf , register CCS06=0xF8, see also register MT02 and figure 4-2.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.