• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

IBL stuffing/lining recommendation

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Didn't Bob's specs include recommendations for that? I don't think you could go wrong with lining at least 3 of internal panels with the likes of 1/2" Ultratouch, and as the enclosure appears to be a straightforward BR, stuff "to taste" with Acousti-stuff etc.

I'm not a big fan of fibreglass , not because of sonics, but the itch factor. Funny, that - I'll work all day in a dusty shop, but if I forget to wear a mask, a little bit of fibre-glass or loose fibres from the denim will get me sneezing like crazy.

The kit from Bob may well have included stuffing/lining guidance. I got these quite some time ago and just last month dug them up from storage…didn't see instructions. I installed them on the suggested PE curved boxes that I scored on sale and ended up lining all but the front baffle with ultra touch.

They have great potential, but something is wrong with both crossovers as both tweeter is almost inaudible. For the time being I disconnected the tweeters from the crossovers and instead hooked up my stand-alone ERT's 1st order with a cap and resistor. I tried many permutations of the two and settled on one that sounds pretty good….but still unlikely as good as the original crossover can be….any suggestions?

Mario

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.