• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Add on supertweeters

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
rt2

I've just started using the RT2 as a "super tweeter" Works extremely well. clean and crisp with great imaging. CSS were great to deal with, excellent communication and speedy shipping. Will surely deal with them again. Enclosed are pictures of the tweeters and their enclosures along with the crossover and level control boxes.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    169.7 KB · Views: 195
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    217.5 KB · Views: 186
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    226.8 KB · Views: 188
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    185.9 KB · Views: 187
The tweeter build itself is really quite simple, just a mahogany box, a tweeter, binding posts and some high grade wire. I built the crossovers years ago, though the css crossovers look quite good. That and a simple rheostat wired in and bobs your uncle. Placement seems to a bit more critical, I have a pair of original martin logan aurius, I have them placed midway up the panel slightly to the inside, back about 8 inches at ear level. Will take a bit of fiddling to find your "sweet spot".

cheers

Jon

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.