• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

New RT2 ribbon tweeter $100

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
We are pleased to release our latest ribbon tweeter, the RT2 pure ribbon tweeter. This is not a planar or a Heil type but a corrugated woven aluminium honeycomb element which is slightly lower in efficiency but more robust with lower distortion.

RT2S.jpg

The spec sheet View attachment RT2.pdf has dimensional and parameter details and also shows an alternative square face plate which is available, though in limited supply.

I have been dealing with the Chinese factory for 11 years but haven't private labelled very many. Originally there were marketing restrictions using their name and I was limited to Canada.

Expolinear has a wide range of products including planars, etc. Since I subscribe to the two German DIY publications I follow a lot of what they are doing.

I remember visiting Expolinear a few times when I was studying at the FU-Berlin (too) many years ago. Heard a lot of really neat stuff. Wish I had picked up some of those spiral planar supertweeters (Philips? ATD?) they were selling at the time, instead of the not-very-good rebadged HiVi's that for some reason I thought would be more fun to play with...

Now if only you could bring the Trio 8 back! :)

How do you pay for your K+T and HobbyHiFi subscriptions? I've wanted to subscribe to both for years, but American banks are so primitive (and neither K+T nor HobbyHiFi take PayPal or credit cards) that wire transfer seems to be the only viable method of payment. Even my "preferred" or "premium" or whatever checking account still charges fees that are significant relative to the cost of a magazine subscription for international wire transfers. (Incoming wire fees are waived, but not outgoing.)

I pick up both magazines when I'm in that part of the world (most recently, last October) but that's not often enough. I just found out K+T has an archive DVD of all their magazines from 2000-2012 for like 80USD. Of course, they don't take PayPal or credit cards, but one of their editors offered to serve as shipper and PayPal intermediary. Hopefully mine should be showing up soon...

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.