• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

CSS Quartet12XC Subwoofer Build

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I thought I would post my sub woofer build since Bob was gracious enough to donate the driver to the InDIYana event as a door price. I won the Black Box speaker competition so I got first choice at the door prize table. Since Jeff B. took the driver up front at the event and gave it his approval I jumped all over it. :D
Not only did I get the driver Jeff also worked up the alignment for me. I've been wanting to build an end table sub for my living room and figured this would be a great candidate since it was designed to be an 18" cube.

I figured I'd share the design if anyone else was interested in building it. You don't have to build a crazy looking design like I did. It can be done as an 18" cube. My goal was to build the box to not weigh more then the driver and amp so I tried out a cable system I'd been thinking about for a while to brace the cabinet. Here are my build pics if you want to check it out. The pics have some detail on the design with them. I'll just post the basics here. https://picasaweb.google.com/101632266659473725850/SDX12SubEndTable
Here is also a build thread on it. CSS Quartet12XC Subwoofer Build

Anyway here is the alignment. It features one SDX12 driver, Two APR's from CSS and in this set up the Dayton SPA500 plat am. Jeff has this design using a couple different amps.

Jeff%2520B.%2520Model%25201.JPG

Jeff%2520B.%2520Model%25202.JPG

Jeff%2520B.%2520Model%25203.JPG

Some final pics

FInished%2520Pics%2520005.jpg

FInished%2520Pics%2520002.jpg

I thought I new what good base sounded like but after building this sub I now know for sure what it sounds like. While listening to music this sub just makes the bass guitar feel like its right in the room with you and with movies it will make you feel just like your there. The look on my wives face was priceless when the first action scene started in the move Transformers. Wish I had a pic to post of that.

Thanks again Bob for such a great driver. Also thanks again Jeff for an awesome design.

Dave

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.