• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

New Drivers: VWR126X and LD25X

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Both the VWR126X (Very Wide Range) and LD25X (Low Distortion silk dome) production samples by air arrived this week. We will be posting data, pictures, etc. shortly and finalizing the introductory special pricing. The sea shipments will arrive in early January.

The following kit designs are in progress:

Simple ported MT in .25 cu ft with VWR125X running full/direct and the LD25X padded and rolled off with a single cap.

In wall MTM including centre.

In wall MTMMM and MMTMM centre.

Ported MTM in 14 litre (.5 cu ft)

Backloaded horn with 4 VWR126X per side and either a horn loaded planar or a ribbon tweeter.

A series of Fonken style designs from Dave Dlugos where we may ask for some naming help. See Dave's post on nomenclature.

Bob

Last edited:
Hi,

The tweeters will be delivered on Thursday and we will start accepting orders on Saturday.

Documentation is very slow these days for a variety of reasons. There will also be more info on the Planar2 shortly. This plus 4 VWRs in a BLH were a hit at the Ottawa DIY event.

Bob

This is the box.

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/clubs-events/199025-diy-ottawa-winter-2012-a-5.html#post2894215

IMG_20120204_163316(1).jpg

A little close up.

Man I'm dying to get info on these. I'm pretty sure I'll be buying the tweeter. Trying to dream up a use for the wide bander. Oh, and that Planer2 :eek: I love it. Want a pair really bad.

msmkravchenko, looks nice, but I gotta admit, I never would have thought to pair up those drivers ;) Interesting combo.

very cool stuff fellas! I'd suggest a thick layer of felt alongside both the horn and the midwoofs, that horn is not well-terminated (price you pay for small mounting flange and good C-C spacing), and the mids are no doubt throroughly illuminating that baffle edge.

Sweet stuff though, very cool :D

Considering how long the VWRs have been available, Mike might not have had much time to get fussy with rebated /flush mounting of the drivers, edge diffraction control, etc.

Nothing says proof of concept prototype like unfilled brad nail holes or untrimmed / sanded cabinet panels - congrats.

Considering how long the VWRs have been available, Mike might not have had much time to get fussy with rebated /flush mounting of the drivers, edge diffraction control, etc.

Nothing says proof of concept prototype like unfilled brad nail holes or untrimmed / sanded cabinet panels - congrats.

No, of course not- I mean later down the road. But I'd call limiting diffraction, especially as regards horn termination, as more than a "getting fussy" thing, I'd say it's key in an overall design.

They look very cool, not trying to disparage at all. I know Mike's probably already well aware of the issue.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.