• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

New Drivers: VWR126X and LD25X

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mike - no insult intended - anything to add / share re the design itself? Or did I miss something, and this might be a proprietary design?

I understand that performance of the VWRs was even more wide band than anticipated - would you consider woofers necessary for smaller systems?

Joined 2004
Paid Member
The design is essentially flat to thirty hertz. And almost 98 db per watt. Most people would be very happy with the low end.

I vouch for this. Last weekend these speakers were put to the test using full range orchestral material at realistic levels. I was impressed by the extension and resolution of the low end. The midrange was nice too. This 5 inch driver and enclosure have been well thought through.

Last edited:
Don't worry, he thinks your name is Mike so it's all water under the bridge.

In all fairness, which isn't really my best trait, here is a our beloved friend.

Attachments

• IMG_0492.jpg
    IMG_0492.jpg
    286.9 KB · Views: 497
frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Any word on specs and pricing?

BAL

Pricing for VWR is up. $128 each. Data is supposed to also appear today. I have 4 VWR+apair of XBL domes sitting at the post office waiting for pickup. Based on proto specs Scott says they will drop into FH3, the direction specs probably went for production, i'm guessing will make them even more suitable, so that is where a pair will go for break-in.

dave

Some measurements

Well some measurements. I'm not going to release all of them. I did some in living room RTA quickly that show the general response. And I did some careful measurements with the WTpro that give me a low end of the overall response as 94.5 one meter.

See the RTA below. No peaking or EQ of any kind is used. There is a thirty hertz high pass. The tweeter is at and around 100 db/watt plus or minus 2 db. The overall response is plus or minus 2.5 db. The vertical scale is 5 db per major division.

VWR BLH February 10th 2012 RTA.jpg

Not to sound pushy, but why not share all the measurements? Whats there to hide? An in room response doesn't mean much for my room.

I'd like to know more about this mid. I still don't see how you arrive at 98db. The spec sheet shows 85. The response plot shows about 75db around 200-300hz. I'd like to know as much about this mid as possible without being able to hear it. Dave has a couple coming, maybe he'd be gracious enough to let me hear. I need to know by spring though. I'm supposed to start a center channel build for someone with a $500 budget. I think I'll go for the tweeter. But I'm hesitant about the mid.

I suppose this post is directed as much at Bob as you :) Any info would help make my decision easier. :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.