• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

New Drivers: VWR126X and LD25X

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Dave will most likely be your best bet. Sounds like he is close. I see your on the island.

There will be a center channel design released soon. I did that a few weeks ago. Everything will come in it's due time.

What the response shows is what has been happening in every room I have set these up in. A very flat response. If you have software capable of properly simulating these drivers you will find that there is a higher level of efficiency in some areas than others. The low end of the response is being propped up by the horn and boundary reinforcement.

So your raw 2 Pi calculation while it has merit, is not reflecting the entire acoustical loading. You are not modeling the baffle loading, and the room boundary reinforcement.

94.5 has been measured at one meter. I have some of the measurements saved, exporting them is the fun part. I'll see what I can do.

I'll roll my own design. So no rush on producing your center channel design. Thanks though.

Dave likely won't have anything built for them before I need to choose. I'll ping him anyways.

I'll stick with the LD tweeter, but may have to use a different mid. I think a 6" with high effeciency will be more appropriate. Thanks for your time anyways.

Thanks, the link works now. Looking forward to seeing the frequency response graph with and without the faceplate. I also see now that the tweeter is in some sort of waveguide faceplate.

Although, if the XBL really makes this tweeter significantly "better" (crosses lower with less distortion) than all other tweeters, I'll have to buy a pair and find out myself.

Thanks for the heads up Wushuliu. Curious why the OP does not respond to any of the queries. I almost feel like why bother if he doesn't.

I think CSS is a one-man operation more or less. I am sure he has far, far better things to do than field endless queries on the interweb - especially if he values his sanity (and yes, therefore I do think Mark Fenlon a bit of a nutter :p).

I think CSS is a one-man operation more or less. I am sure he has far, far better things to do than field endless queries on the interweb - especially if he values his sanity (and yes, therefore I do think Mark Fenlon a bit of a nutter :p).

This is true. I was just checking for a pulse. No big deal either way, plus the PE forum is a bit of a fun circus to peruse once in a while.

I've bought some drivers from Bob before and he was very responsive. Better to bring new drivers to the market and take care of paying customers first.

@ bikinpunk - That's on an IB right?

yes.

baffle is about 3x4'. no compensation for baffle step. you can get a better feel for the low end response (negating baffle step) in the HD test where the mic is 1/2m.

sim'd in Edge, the result of BS is exactly as it is measured. one day I'll start merging NF/FF but I honestly don't do it because of the increased time. i put the information out there so people understand it and hope that it is sufficient.

I just had a look at the spec sheet for the LD25x. How was this thing measured? How is there a "measurement blip" at 950hz??? That's a strange place to have a blip. And what kind of blip is it. If a flat IB, then it's not diffraction. It seems much to high of q to be diffraction also. If it's a reflection, it could be gated out below 500hz easily. And if it wasn't gated, it would occur at more than one frequency.

It's a reflection as mentioned in the spec sheet.

Measurement conditions were not optimal. There were two reflecting surfaces almost exactly the 950 hertz wavelength apart from each other, and I kept getting a nasty bounce.
If I measured in close it disappears but I don't believe in publishing perfect curves for the sake of marketing. Top that off with loosing all the data on my computer due to a mother board failure and what you see is what I had to work with at the time. I will replace the measurements with ones that will keep you happy. I have a spanky new measurement puter as of last week!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.