No sound output

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

Currently I am making a bluetooth speaker out of a 70's speaker to get a bit of a retro look.

I connected a 12V battery to a step down converter parallel to an amplifier board. The step down converter is to power a bluetooth audio receiver.

When I checked yesterday, I powered the bluetooth audio receiver to a different power supply for testing if the Amp worked and I got nice sound out of it. However, today I connected the bluetooth receiver to the step down converter and turned it on and didn't work. The bluetooth gets power and I can connect to it with my phone and play music, however no sound comes out.

I unplugged the bluetooth and got it on the independent power supply again, to see if something happens there, but also again, no sound comming out.
I did some tests and if I turn on the amplifier, I get a sound for about 1 second before it turns off again, this is with just the 12V battery powering the amplifier and nothing else.

Does anybody know what can be the cause of this? I tried checking the signal with a multimeter on AC onto the speakers directly and I do get around 3mA of signal, but nothing happens. Can this be a broken amplifier board or broken speakers?

Things I checked.
I have 12V on the amplifier board.

There is a direct connection from the sound input (at jack level) to the sound output (at the speaker)

There is a connection between the ground of the speaker and the ground at the amplifier board.

Any help would be appreciated

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.