Wiring Jensen JT 44K DX

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello If anyone can help me wire this MC SUT. Im trying to use it with a Denon 103r 14 Ohm to a Hagerman trumpet. Im trying to load it at 470 ohms.

The part that I'm confused about is the resistors that are recommended to reduce ringing. Somewhere I read that they are not needed unless I'm trying to reduce load

I know the recommended load is 100 Ohm for cart but i don't want to reduce load unless its necessary so I was planning on listening to it at 427ohm before reducing load. Thank you all for the help

Joined 2011
The secondary is terminated with 47k inside the preamp. The 47k reflects to the primary as 470R.
So leave the primary winding without a load resistor to get 470R loading.
To get below 470R loading, add a primary resistor to ground. For 100R loading, add 127R to ground.

Jensen does recommend an RC damping network across the secondary, depending on the cartridge's
source resistance. See the data sheet.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.