bent corners on dj mixer top panel

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Have a DJ mixer that was damaged in shipping, as a result has some damaged corners. Wanted to ask if anyone has any tips on how I might go about repairing the corners that are bent. I imagine anything mended manually will still look off, is there anything like a corner that can be put over damaged corners so it would look better?

Nh6jfdV.jpg

NqUywim.jpg

Last edited:
Joined 2011
Place the bare panel flat on a wood work bench. Place a flat board over the area to be flattened,
and tap the area repeatedly with a rubber hammer as needed. Flip the panel upside down,
and repeat until flat. Use a big rubber hammer, and ear plugs.

Last edited:
The trick is to tap it so lightly you don't see any movement from each tap. It should take several hundred light taps to flatten each corner without damaging anything else.

You will need to remove the panel from everything else before trying to straighten things out.

I once did this kind of work in front of folks who didn't understand why I was using such light hits until they were amazed that it worked!

I'd stand it up in my vise lined with playing cards, or thick paper, to not scratch it. Tighten it till the curve is flat. Then pull the whole mixer straight in the vise to get the start of the dip coparallel to the original surface. I wouldn't pound it with a hammer at all. I've straightened lots of stuff this way.

Last edited:
thanks all. I've been doing some upgrades on the mixer, plan to take the top panel off this weekend to try some of the suggestions here. I am also considering having a replacement panel made, as one of the upgrades planned is swapping the line crossfader with a rotary version. Already have channel 1 pot functioning as the crossfader and really like this combination.

51tahdhercv51.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.