Cryogenic treatment

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Snake oil for one and serious stuff for the other. This hobby is about personal tastes, beliefs and psycho-acoustics. If someone feels or hear any difference after any kind of treatment and it makes that person happy, then how come we judge that person?! If I don't try, I will never know.
Theory behind cryogenic treatment is based on evidences, they also do such treatment on tools made from metal. It might happen that it will not have any effect, but rather than reading other's opinions I would like to experience it myself :)

I have some spare room in my deep freeze. What do you think it will achieve?

Don't worry, I also have free space in my freezer, but the temperature in mine doesn't go down to sub -190C. Does yours go down?
Also my freezer cannot cool anything down with the same speed as cryogenic treatment does.
What do I want to achieve? Simple... to experience myself if it has any effect on the sound or not.
Have you tried it already? I would love to hear about your experience rather than sarcastic comments.

Snake oil for one and serious stuff for the other. This hobby is about personal tastes, beliefs and psycho-acoustics. If someone feels or hear any difference after any kind of treatment and it makes that person happy, then how come we judge that person?! If I don't try, I will never know.
Theory behind cryogenic treatment is based on evidences, they also do such treatment on tools made from metal. It might happen that it will not have any effect, but rather than reading other's opinions I would like to experience it myself :)
Is there a way to reverse the process if it makes things sound worse?

I don't know, but what I could read about this states that cryogenic treatment helps the crystals in any metal to find their correct place in the structure.
Cryo treated tooling is claimed to have longer life and better durability.
Basically if I would leave a piece of wire resting for around 40 years it's crystal structure would change,m they would settle. I think that is the reason why so many people find the old cables sound nicer than newly made ones.
Kondo-San was also claiming that he used some process to speed up the ageing process of his cables. I think none of us can say that Kondo was using any kind of snake-oil in their amplifiers.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.