Help connecting transformers to DAC

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,
I've just bought a DAC which has 3 AC-in ports: AC15V-0-AC15V (15W), AC9V (10W); AC9V (10W). Can I power it with transformers like this?
20209f720e29-23e6-43c6-8ea5-ce782a2dd8a3.png

This is my DAC
TB25xzxcpXXXXXFXpXXXXXXXXXX-90439224.jpg

Thank you

Joined 2002
Paid Member
The 0-9V runs look problematic. There are actually two rectifiers, those are probably for digital supplies. If you hook them up like your drawing Since the supplies are independent, you can use the same transformer tap for both without any issue as long as you obey the phase. Connect both the 0s to the 0 on the transformer and you should be okay. Your transformer is 27W on the 9V taps if it's not lying, and that is more than enough for all the digital circuitry on that chip.

You could, or just buy an additional transformer.
Leave all those 0-15,0-18, and 0-24 volt taps alone, they have no place on that DAC. The 15-0-15 is fine the way you have it.

Make sure and test everything before applying any power, I’ve had transformers that were intended for other mains voltages before that added confusion.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.