Magnet to Magnet

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey everyone,

I was wondering, is it possible to place two speakers magnet to magnet (back to back) using the same enclosure?

So

Speaker 1 is placed on the baffle and its magnet is inside the enclosure, that enclosure is closed off by a panel, in that panel is speaker 2, facing with its magnet to the other speakers magnet.

Is this possible and does it bring any problems with it?
What things should i look for and watch out for?

Ive attached a sketch of the scenario

Attachments

• speaker.jpg
    speaker.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 171
This is bad isobaric as with isobaric internal volume must be minimized, but nevertheless it is classic iso (given that polarity of one of the drivers reversed) and can be in ported type enclosure.
But this is not what was asked :). Yes drivers can be placed this way the closer the magnets the higher affect one will have on another. But practically the effect is negligible in isobaric configuration. What is on a picture could be some kind of push-pull arrangement

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Magnets near each other makes little or no difference.

Bass sound goes every which way.

Therefore your "back to back" does the same thing as my front-front re-draw.

With at least three coupled resonators, I have NO idea what response shapes are possible, or what advantage it might have.

Attachments

• remus013-42.gif
    remus013-42.gif
    9 KB · Views: 137
PA Systems

Hey everyone,

I was wondering, is it possible to place two speakers magnet to magnet (back to back) using the same enclosure?

So

Speaker 1 is placed on the baffle and its magnet is inside the enclosure, that enclosure is closed off by a panel, in that panel is speaker 2, facing with its magnet to the other speakers magnet.

Is this possible and does it bring any problems with it?
What things should i look for and watch out for?

Ive attached a sketch of the scenario

Many PA Systems are using a similar arrangement for Longthrow Subwoofer and Bass.
Cerwin Vega PA Systen used this and may still use. Beyma Speaker Cabinets are using this in their Sub Woofer PA Systems. When in opposit direction then they separate the room between the Magnets with a wooden plate with a cut in it, just to gain room and removing Resonance. More it will also add Push from the opposite Speaker when these run out of Phase, with the same signal.

And if the speakers throw in the same direction and are in Phase then there is a tremendous gain in PUNCH or call it SPL.

AB36 CX : Subwoofer Cerwin Vega - SonoVente.com - en

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.