Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Construction Tips Construction techniques and tips

Help needed to Fix or Repurpose old Speakers
Help needed to Fix or Repurpose old Speakers
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 11th January 2021, 06:13 PM   #131
NewGuy781 is offline NewGuy781  Italy
diyAudio Member

Hey Galu!
Sorry for the somewhat late xmas present Galu Went to family's cabin and got locked down there for a while, got busy catching up on life stuff, so I just recently had time to do some testing.

So your 3.3 ohm guess was a pretty darn good one!
I tried some simpler combos of resistors (from lower to higher ohms in "round numbers") and seemed too much or too little, except for the 3.3. I still need some adjusting with the treble knob with some music but so far it seems to be easier to handle with the 3.3 ohm. Most of my music seems to like your guess; the cymbals are not so overtaking now and I feel a little difference on the bass, as in punchier.

I am gonna try some more "complex" combos (i.e. parallel and ≠ values) in the coming days, to try "less rounded units" of ohms, and give you the "inside scoop"

If you have some suggestions of ohms for me to try please let me know (on the next test I'll try do the 3.9 you mentioned before).

Big thanks for your patience!

Last edited by NewGuy781; 11th January 2021 at 06:15 PM.
Old 11th January 2021, 06:59 PM   #132
Galu is offline Galu  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewGuy781 View Post
If you have some suggestions of ohms for me to try please let me know (on the next test I'll try do the 3.9 you mentioned before).
Thanks for the update and all the best for 2021!

It looks like the combination of 3.3uF capacitor and 3.3 ohm resistor has hit the sweet spot!

(I think you'll find that the 3.9 figure I mentioned before was in relation to the capacitor value, and changing the capacitor's value from its present 3.3uF is not necessary.)

In summary, I don't think there is any need for further experimentation.

Simply sit back and enjoy the music!

Last edited by Galu; 11th January 2021 at 07:25 PM.
  Reply to this post

Help needed to Fix or Repurpose old SpeakersHide this!Advertise here!