Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Construction Tips Construction techniques and tips

Ladder attenuator on breadboard/pcb?
Ladder attenuator on breadboard/pcb? Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 10th February 2020, 06:43 PM   #1
myleftear is offline myleftear  Switzerland
diyAudio Member

Default Ladder attenuator on breadboard/pcb?

Good evening
I‘m inclined to go with a ladder type attenuator, but fray off by the steep price tag...
On the other hand there‘s those relay solutions, where the resistor network is On a pcb, connected to a switch, or glasshouse‘s passive pre...
not being electronics-savvy, I ask myself and the community if it wasn’t possible to build the ladder on a breadboard/pcb and wire it up to the switch (24 steps), thus saving on the switch‘s price tag as well as its size? (2 Decks instead of 4...)

Quite possible that I didn’t get the principle, I’m beginner)
Thoughts?
David

Ladder attenuator on breadboard/pcb?Hide this!Advertise here!