"Caps rolling" / evaluating parts in the circuit before soldering

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2017
Paid Member
Dear all

I remember I read a post from Salas (the Wise :)) about the possibility to plug in capacitors without soldering them (for testing/rolling), by using... what part again? this I don't remember.

ZM (the Great :)) also used something like that on a prototype of his pumpkin I believe...

I'd like to hear myself if/when it really is worth bothering (as many swear) or not (as the other half swears) – to have my own opinion...

Has somebody a picture of how to plug in a can (or a resistor) into a PCB-position without soldering it? I'm not good at desoldering (yet), and would be grateful for a source of inspiration...

Thank you!

What about PCB sockets (and pins)?

Attachments

• PCB Sockets & Pins.JPG
    PCB Sockets & Pins.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 118
Joined 2017
Paid Member
Crocodiles?

Breadboard, Google is your friend.

Hei Vovk Z & justanalogue, thanks!

But the breadboard would have to get connected to the circuit, and—how do I connect the caps onto it? (Ahh, crocodiles :D (but how do I connect the crocodiles? :D)

I was thinking of snap-in cans, too, and already searched for some sockets of sorts... I'm not yet used to total improvisation and always look for too fancy stuff. I promise improvement!

the tips below look promising ...

into a nice sunday evening!
david

Last edited:
Here is my capacitor/transistor/diodes ets 0-500V tester.
DB25 type connector connected parallel to 4mm bananas with crocodiles and are universal (fits everything), usually I use crocodiles:

Attachments

• 20200124_500V.jpg
    20200124_500V.jpg
    298.2 KB · Views: 79
  • 20200124_500V_light.jpg
    20200124_500V_light.jpg
    252.6 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.