Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Construction Tips Construction techniques and tips

Routing gurus needed
Routing gurus needed
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 15th January 2020, 12:11 PM   #21
aulday is offline aulday  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Ah, gave me an idea Simon, if I mask the joins individually, then mask over them again to hold the joins together, the glue will escape into a mask prison. Great idea thanks!
Old 17th January 2020, 12:05 PM   #22
K.A.B is offline K.A.B  Sweden
diyAudio Member

No one has talked about safety more than hearing, breathing and eye protection.

My tip is to always unplug the cord every time you change, adjusting the tension something that is around the router bits makes this a routine, then you do not have to get rid of fingers and other things. The router does not know the difference between flesh or wood.

Never hurry let the machine do its job even if it would take a few minutes more, do not force the router bit against the material hard you will get better results and everything lasts longer.
Old 17th January 2020, 01:18 PM   #23
aulday is offline aulday  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Well said fellow Swede. I never meddle with cutting equipment that's plugged in, too easy to make mistakes

Routing gurus neededHide this!Advertise here!