(Newbie) How to short a jumper

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I’m a total newbie to diy audio and this is probably a very basic question.

I need to short a jumper on a DAC board but there are no pins on the jumper. Is it ok to put a blob of solder between the two terminals, or is there some other technique that should be used to short the jumper?

The background to this is....
I’m building a raspberry pi-based network streamer and DAC. I bought a ESS9038 board from eBay, which supports 2 power supplies, but I’m only going to use 1. The instructions from the seller are, “if you run on regulated DC voltage single 15V, you need short J6 on DAC”.

Photo attached with the jumper highlighted. Below is a link to the eBay item.

ES9038 ES9038Q2M DAC Decoder board Support IIS DSD 384KHz NEW V1.07 HIFI AUDIO | eBay

Thanks all

Attachments

• ESS9038Q2M DAC board.jpg
    ESS9038Q2M DAC board.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 222
Is it ok to put a blob of solder between the two terminals, or is there some other technique that should be used to short the jumper?
It is definitely ok, if you will do that connection only once (or two-three times).
A special jumper is needed only if you will need to change it over time.
J6 on the photo definitely looks like it wants to be soldered by a big blob of solder.

PRR

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Another technique is a 6-inch piece of wire. Tin the end and bend the last mm at 45 degrees. Hold the far end, lay that bent part across the solder points, and touch the iron to it. Inspect, then clip the excess 5.9 inches off.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.