Replacing a broken on/off switch from a speaker

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello, this is my first post, hoping it to be in the right place.
I have a Job Rocker Plus speaker whose power on/off switch needs to be replaced because it's broken.

This is what I've tried:
- Removed all power source from the speaker
- Disassembled the rear panel and viewed the circuit board

I already have the new piece, and I have some tools like x-acto knife, pliers, soldering iron, and a hot air gun.

My questions are:
Any ideas of how difficult is to replace this switch?
What is the yellow material that sits beneath the heat shrink tubing?
How would you remove the heat shrink tubing? (Maybe using a knife and carefully cutting a slit and using pliers to take the whole thing out?)
:confused:

I leave some images. Any advice or guide is welcome :)

f9VdSwM.jpg

5rc74Qn.jpg

iIsciHs.jpg

A 4 pin switch can never be a DPDT switch which needs 6 of them.

That said, as shown in your picture you really need an SPDT one, which uses 4 , or a DPDT one where you connect just 4.

The one in the eBay link might work, but since owner has no clue, I do not trust him, get another instead.

Account Closed
Joined 2018
It's mandatory to inspect the switch to determine just WHAT contacts are open/closed in each switch position.
One set could be closed while the other is opened - etc....
Because you're dealing with a high amperage battery that is incorperated with a switchmode supply for charging, etc.
A wrong type switch here could spell fried wiring and extensive damage, if not fire.
This is not a simple "on/off" switch.
And good luck with all that, because this thing's a typical chinese unit that you'll never get a service schematic for.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.