[recycling] a sound system for a kitchen

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
i like to hear music while cooking or drinking coffee that is why i decided to build a sound system for my kitchen. i did not want to buy new technology and wanted just to recycle parts i had home. so i did this:
1. amp i have got from a friend as he did not need it anymore: s-m-s-l samp 03 ta2020 40w
2. speakers i did not use for years: radiotehnika s30b

all analogue. the size of the amp is small that is what i needed. the amp is powered with 12V. input to amp goes via 3,5 jack and i did plug in a smart phone or mp3 player to listen to music.

then for some reason the amp broke (no sound on left channel) and i wanted to replace it. i could not use the normal sized amps as they would not fit into the kitchen shelf. and did not want to buy a new amp like the CN one. after some time of thinking a noticed that the broken amp was powered by 12V so the idea came to use an old car radio which uses the same voltage.

3. the replacement amp/car radio: from a friend i have got this one: blaupunkt valencia

just had to buy the special cables that can be plugged in to the radio.

works fine. is louder and the old analogue sounds better then the todays china amp, did cost nothing. and saves nature :)

Last edited:
not sure what happened to that link. it worked months ago... anyway here is photo of the cellar sound system. speakers sony. wire cut from an old bikes backlight (copper 0,5mm). player sony nwz with rockbox.org installed.

is enough for the size of the cellar.

behold the Low Fidelity mightiness: sound system for an old cellar - Album on Imgur

edit--- does the boom box have an subwoofer?

Last edited:
edit--- does the boom box have an subwoofer?

Not visible. From outside looks like two accoustic suspension speakers and two tweeters. Don't recall inside. Sounds okay.
Doc

Looks near identical to this, except has slide pots.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 67
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.