preamp noise

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey guys. (sorry about my english)

I´m having some trouble with a preamp; a noise is comming out from the speakers. When i put the fingers over the BBE chip. It increase. I think the caps are too close the chip.

Use a ne5532, JRC 2150AD (BBE) and LM1876

My older design join to the 1876 works perfectly.

Thanks!!

Older (through hole)
hVuqJhgY_o.png

(Smd)
pmU27HX4_o.png

NW5jXDbQ_o.png

Last edited:
Might not be the cause of your noise problem, but C08 and C09 will need their polarity flipped if the 2150 has no negative supply.

I'd also suggest jumpering/removing R7 and R8 -- a direct connection to Gnd eliminates a potential source of noise and oscillation. If their purpose was to match-up the input offsets, there's no need since the amp is AC-coupled In and Out.

Regards,
Rick

Pure gasoline and pure alcohol does not destroy plastic. Plastic dissolves in the solvent.
Gasoline washes away fat-soluble pollution, alcohol washes away alcohol-soluble and water-soluble pollution. The mixture washes away all kinds of dirt. The flux contains all these types of pollution. Any of these contaminants can cause spurious leakage currents and noise.
I use this mixture for 15 years.
Of course, when working with combustible mixtures should be careful.

On photo net gasoline.

IMG-20190315-194630.jpg

Last edited:
No it's a clear liquid with low viscosity composed of middle volatility petroleum distillates, so basically gasoline without the lighter volatiles and without any added alcohols.

Maybe I know what you're talking about. In Russia it is called the "SOLVENT".
I do not know its effect on plastic, but this liquid dissolves powder paint.

solvent.jpg

Last edited:
Pure gasoline and pure alcohol does not destroy plastic. Plastic dissolves in the solvent.

Being dissolved sounds like destruction to me.

IPA is the normal solvent used because its safe with nearly everything. More powerful solvents aren't worth the risk unless you know its safe. Electronics is not an internal combustion engine! Using gasoline and similar indoors is a great way to enter for the Darwin awards, but all solvents carry risk.

Many layout errors. Large loop area and increase inductance on many of the traces caused by the octopus ground. It would have been better if you had used a ground plane on the underside. You should not mix the audio and power grounds.

Hi, Thanks for the reply.

The problem i have is a hum noise. It could be a ground loop as you say.
What do you think about this layout. What do you mean about separate gnd? Can you show me how to do it.

Thanks!!

xoJ7D3jM_t.png
[/URL] [/IMG]

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.