Lifted a some pads while desoldering the male header

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi guys
I recently desoldered the male header in the upper right corner of the pcb and lifted almost al of its pads ..
Since I have no electronic background could somebody tell me where to put the jumper wires ?
Schematics can be found here:
https://www.ericasynths.lv/media/DIY_Polivoks_VCA_v2_1.pdf
I think it’s the XP2 in the Schematics.
Thanks in advance

Attachments

• 9DF5A915-347E-496D-9D16-D126FE5E3E82.jpg
    9DF5A915-347E-496D-9D16-D126FE5E3E82.jpg
    798.1 KB · Views: 141
  • A2C8BDE3-E0D8-4685-B9DA-23C9CCEF4C77.jpg
    A2C8BDE3-E0D8-4685-B9DA-23C9CCEF4C77.jpg
    825.4 KB · Views: 133
That´s a 2 layer board, holes are plated through, if you destroyed them it is almost impossible to repair.

I mean, a quite experienced Tech might, having all the latest desoldering and PCB reworking equipment, having a clear idea of what he´s doing and where tracks "should" lead to, specially if it were expensive irreplaceable equipment which justifies the time and brain wear investment.

But since that is a DIY module, available in kit form for a low cost : FULL kit for 95 Euro, PCB + ICs for 28 Euro, maybe you´d better order a new PCB plus a few inexpensive parts (you already have the ICs) and rebuild it.
EricaSynths - DIY Polivoks VCA II

Shortest, cheapest, fastest way :)

Do not try to pull parts from the old PCB, just the plugged-in ICs.

Just curious, why did you decide to replace that header?

Thanks for the fast response mate.
think i‘ll Just accept this one as the first failed project and learn from it.
Hold your chair: I soldered the header on the wrong side ... (dumb me)

Easy done especially if cheap or poor quality pcb's.
If the pads have come off then its possible you didnt have enough heat on them enough to melt solder.
I have put things on the wrong side of pcb a couple of times while not concentrating. Transistors and jack sockets !
A good exercise I did was removing a TDA7294 chip amp that had blown.
I cut all pins as high as possible then heat up the joint and flicked the pcb and the pins just shot out. A job that definitely needs glasses to deflect flying solder.
Wit ha header I would used long nose pliers as high on pin as possible then put plenty of solder on the joint and heat up while pulling on the pins.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.