Fixing a Scratch on a Speaker's Enclosure

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi

I purchased Yamaha HS7 monitors about a month ago, and I am enjoying them a lot.

On the day they arrived, they had quite a strong factory paint smell, so I cleaned them with a slightly moist paper towel,
and that solved the paint smell problem.

But during the cleaning, when I flipped one of them, I mistakenly hit its corner on the desk..
This caused a tiny scratch on the speaker's corner.

Seeing how sensitive the edges and corners on these speaker's enclosures, I understood I better find a way to fix such problems,
rather than let them accumulate.

Here is how it looks right now:

scratch.jpg

My question:

How should I fix this (and other future scratches such as this)?

About a year ago I asked here in the forum how to change the color of a speaker's enclosure (the whole enclosure),
and was warmly advised to use color spray.

But that was when wanting to repaint the whole speaker..
Here, hopefully there's a simpler solution..

Thank you very much

Last edited:
Hi Spaceman5,

I'm thinking aloud a bit here, but when you get a scratch on a wooden surface, you can usually find something called 'matching wax scratch filler' or the like. Maybe if you experimented with a white wax filler such as the ones used to fill engraving that might do the job, it will certainly cover it up.

I had a quick look on Ebay (UK) and found this

Engraving Wax (3 sticks of Filler Wax for the Engraver - Choice of 3 Colours) | eBay

For a fiver its worth a punt

Hope it helps

Mike

Hi Mike

Thank you very much..

I wonder If this will hold, since this scratch is not on a flat surface, but rather on a corner - a round corner, which actually makes it more like an edge than a corner..

One thing that came to my mind regarding this, is those Car Paint Fix pens, that can be purchased.

An example of one is this:

HTB1BBn4GXOWBuNjy0Fiq6xFxVXaL.jpg

4 Colors Car Scratch Repair Pen Fix it Pro Maintenance Paint Care Car styling Scratch Remover Auto Painting Pen Car Care Tools-in Painting Pens from Automobiles & Motorcycles on Aliexpress.com | Alibaba Group

If people here have an opinion (or experience) regarding which of these 2 methods will hold for longer time, please write..

And if there are other options besides those 2, it would also be good to know..

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.