L15DSMD-based project

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi,

Considering a project based on L15DSMD and MiniDSP, will it work? ;)

Background: I have a living room with TV/music corner with terrible accoustics. The bass is disappearing totally, have tried traditional amp + floorstander, added sub etc.
Gave up on the HIFI idea and currently running Audio Pro LV3 + sub which accoustics-wise sound descent but clarity, detail, sound image etc is pretty crappy.
Works for movies and occasional background music listening.
But not "close-your-eyes-relax-find-another-dimension"-listening.

I understand there are limitations with the proposed concept so it does not have to be infinitely re-iterated. I'm considering purchasing in-wall speakers (monitor audio cp-wt380idc) and building two in-wall subs.
Each speaker will be driven by one L15DSMD so in total 4 of these class d amps. Optical in will be fed to MiniDSP 2x4HD, from there routed to a CharlieLaub 4-ch gain stage and the to the amps.
The idea is separate toroid to the 4-ch gain stage and one separate toroid for each channel (feeding one amp for front speaker and one amp for sub).
Will this work? (It does not have to be award-winning hifi, but I'm not happy with utter crap - well it's a matter of personal taste, prefences and definitons here of course)

Bonus question:
Could it be possible to add something clever that power on the amp on audio input and power off after say 5-10 mins of no input?
Remember optical input (from TV in this case).
I figure if the TV is powered off the optical will be dead so some form av detection could be technically possible, best would be to pick this from the MiniDSP if possible.

Yes there will be soft start and rectifier/cap boards as well.
The whole assembly will be mounted behind TV in the wall. It will be accessible but not suitable for day-to-day operations.
A remote could possibly be added if that brings nice features.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.