uFonken Rebate

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As Dave says, the thin pincushion framed Fostex drivers are fine without rebate - I'm almost tempted to run a double blind comparison test, but having blasted together enough quite POC prototypes over the years , I'm pretty sure I could predict the results - i.e. what I had for breakfast would affect what I hear as much as the rebate. We just do it because we can - i.e. access to CNC with appropriate programs.

Now, on FR drivers with thicker flanges such as most of the Mark Audios, Fostex F120X.FA120, several Tangbands, etc, and most flat plate dome tweeters, I don't think not rebating is a good idea.

frugal-phile™
Joined 2001
Paid Member
the thin pincushion framed Fostex drivers

Technically not a pincusion frame, as pincusion have just a flat piece of metal as the bezel (ie RS 40-1197). The pressed steel Fostex frames have a shaped bezel which increases strength, but are still thin enuff to have little-to-no impact on the sonics if surface mounted. A rebate is primarily for cosmetics.

RS40-1197

attachment.php

It should be noted that the clever curves are all over the basket, making for a nice frame.

dave

Attachments

• ductsealed-40-1197.jpg
    ductsealed-40-1197.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 121
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.