Adding AUX input to the CD input of a Sony PMC - 202

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
My CD player has developed a tracking problem I believe, It finds the TOC of the CD and sometimes plays Track 1 and will sometimes play through most tracks, but I am unable to skip through directly to a track without the seek operation attempting and failing. Anyway this isnt the main topic of this post,

I think I have found where the CD audio stream enters from the CD board to the Main board, for Pre/Power Amping is it possible solder some jumper wires to a 3.5mm stereo socket and hook it up to the header connect as seen in the attached file.

Even better is there any way I can use a 3 pole switch for the CD-L, CD-R chaneels and A-GND, in the event I get the tracking problem sorted and I can switch between the inputs

Removing the main board is out the question as my manual dexterity isnt great, with the switch idea ive tried to explain above I think I could get a friend to the soldering of the switch and fit it in the hifi myself

Sorry if this is in the wrong place

Hope someone can help - if Ive missed something

thanks

nilblade

Attachments

• cd input.pdf
    15.7 KB · Views: 43
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.