Help on diyAudio Store Chassis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am looking for suitable chassis set for my amp and pre amp. DiyAudio store has couple items that would match but as I dive into details, I see some inconsistency with dimensions.

The 4U Deluxe chassis model for example has total width listed as 450mm under product description but there is also 435mm width listed.
So what is it going to be: 450 or 435?

Second thing is to get matching width low profile pre amp chassis. The one I stock matching is 435mm in width is 2U Pesante model but now knowing the actual width of main amp Deluxe enclosure I am not sure if both of these have matching front plate width so once stacked they look right.

Does anyone know what is the actual front panel width of Deluxe 4U chassis? And whether it matches with 2U Pesante chassis.

Also. I wonder what is the reason they make such thick front plate. The 10mm is a lot of aluminum which bumps the chassis cost and it might be an obstacle if you want to install more than just a power button. Hence I wonder if thinner non predrilled front Al silver coated plate is available.

The $329 price tag makes me curious about the above before I decide to make the expense. So I appreciate anyone who has the answer letting me know.

The diyAudio store customer service feedback in clarifying enclosure dimensions is also appreciated.

I decided to use recommended above shop and order chassis for my diy amp. The result went beyond my highest expectations. These guys are real pro's and I will use them in my next projects.

In the meantime, I am blogging on my progress in Q-Watt thread in this forum.
Check it out!

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.