Wiring Two Separate Stereo Systems Into One

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all, I'm looking for some advice on how to combine two separate mini speaker systems I have into one. Essentially I have 3 input sources (a computer, an iPod, and a CD player) that are currently split between 2 completely separate mini stereo systems.

So this is what I have: System one: I've got the computer and iPod, which I manually plug and unplug into a Dayton Audio DTA-100a that is connected to a pair of 8ohm bookshelf speakers. System two: I have the CD player connected to another Dayton Audio DTA-100a and a different pair of 8ohm bookshelf speakers.

So what I would like to do is combine these so that I have the 3 input sources going through a source selector such as the "TCC TC-716 6-Way Stereo Source Selector" I found on Amazon and then out to both DA amps and their respective speakers simultaneously. Electrically, is there an issue with that proposed set up?

Additionally, the iPod's output volume is rather insignificant and I'm wondering if I could boost it by running it through an additional amp before it is input into the source selector. I've noticed numerous inexpensive amps that would seemingly provide that little boost I'm looking for so that I don't have to turn up the DA amps quite so high. I'm wondering, will there be noticeable signal degradation if I run my iPod through one amp and into the DAs? I'm not looking to achieve crazy SPLs, just trying to combine the components I have into a better, more integrated set up. Thanks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.