Please Help with Stepped Attenuator Wiring

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
As soon as took my stepped attenuator out of the packaging, I realized that the terminals are not labeled and I don't have any instructions. I took some measurements and I think I figured out what the terminals are but could someone please verify it? Here are the measurements I took with the volume all the way down (CCW) and all the way up (CW). It's a 20K ohm pot. [Volume at 0: pin1-pin2 = 0, pin1-pin3 = 20K, pin2-pin3 = 20K]. [Volume at Max: pin1-pin2 = 20K, pin1-pin3 = 20K, pin2-pin3 = 0]. With the volume at 0, we want all of the input signal to be shunted to ground (pin1-pin2=0). With the volume at max, we want all of the input signal going to the output (pin2-pin3=0). So I think pin1=ground, pin2=input and pin3=output. For some reason the website removed my paragraph spacing so I apologize this post isn't more readable.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.