home sub enclosure under the home

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi, I am new here, however, evry thread posted here has alot people that know what they are talking about, no childish things. Can anyone suggest an enclosure for a 12'" driver( it handles about 200rms and I allready have an amp) to go under the house in a very large crawl space, to vent or ported through the floor? Hard to explain this, I just do not want a big box sitting in my living room. I am currently running Adcom amps and preamp, the sub amp was salvaged from a blown sub/amp combo someone gave me, makes about 30 volt on the sub, si I believe that is plenty strong. If anyone has photos is something similar, that would be nice. Thanks for reading this and I hope this site and everyone on it can give me a few ideas to work with.

If this Finding subwoofer parameters - Home Theater Systems - Electronics and Forum - HomeTheaterShack is the same woofer, it performs well in a whopping 7 cubic foot box. A crawlspace is an appropriate location for a box that big. If the crawlspace is unheated and damp, I might choose plywood instead of MDF, and seal it generously inside and out. To couple it into the room... how about a fake floor heating register with a "well" underneath that the woofer and port fire sideways into.

I guess I need to give some measurments, 15" between the joist, length is no issuse, depth is 36" max. I cannot figure out mt exxcel program otherwise I would show a diagram. The amp I have is only strong enough for that one 12" sub. I guess, what the question is:
if the port opening is 15", length(?????) and air space, I can simply cut the wood uder the house, get rid of the padding, use a piece of corregated steel to support the carpet as to avoid using a floor vent that will be seen and rattle.
Square sub encolsure, with a protruding vent, 15" wide and no taller than 12.5" , if someone has a better drawing diagram and has the time, I will build it post it, and share with everyone the results, it is just that MDF here is about 40usd a sheet, looking for a one hit wonder. Thanks for everyone on this site, very nice, and not well, judgmental against someone new joining, you all would be surprised how people have to "intiate" you just to help or ask questions, so thanks!

Alrighty, I built a massive 7 cu.ft. enclosure, floor vent was 10.5"' by 4" by 24" tuned at or around 30hz. I wish someone didn't steal my camera. I found a sony home amp that used to be a powered sub amp, anyway, watched "notorious bastards" last night, I had to start putting things in the china cabinet to keep things from rattling, however, there is no 90-120hz, which is fine, but anyone wanting to do this, OHH YEA,
as far as the floor, just used some grill clothe from the shop and made a cover, easy and it matchis. This is a great site and I appreciate everyone here, so thanks,Mav

I tore it down, I am buildoing a basic bandpass box using the floor opening as the port, kinda like a fifth order band pass as I only need 30-80hz. Any suggestions? I wish I could draw a schematic of my idea, so can someone please toss me a rope?
back chamber sealed for one 12" sub, the front and vent is what I have to work on. Just trying to bass in the house in a 10"by 12" cut out in the floor, also trying to avoid air tirbulance, like I said, I have a HUGE crawl space a 1000+ cuu ft of living space. I wish I could afford some of the projects you have. I am just on the more "more space , more bass, efficent amp and sub. so enclosure volume is no big deal. I know T/s paramater does matter, however, I do not have them. the amp does 250rms and the sub is a Rockford Fosgate HE series 12 single 4ohm, it is old but never used.I love to learn, just not that famalier with a band pass F1 and F2 , maybe an adjustable vent untill I get the desired sound. Have plenty of tools, so is anyone game? Advice or pics? Mavric

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.