• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Switched Mode Power Supplies (SMPS)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Next week the low-profile SMPS500R will be available.
in the meantime, the product of the month: Connexelectronic

hello Cristi,
thank you for the update. Will the new SMPS300R (in single voltage output configuration) be a valid "low profile" alternative to the SMPS500R for the TP2025 Chips? Or are more modifications necessary?

Coming back to my previos question, are the SMSP RoHS compliant?

Thank you for your time.

Try to use a simple DC-DC converter, boost type. A MC34063 or equivalent circuit can be used, this is very often used for car chargers for mobile phones. if you need better performances, take a look at linear website, there are lots of such ic's suitable for DC-DC conversion.

Sorry, I wasn't clear. It can operate either:
- only on USB power + data
- on 15V SMPS + USB for data

I only said that it can run on USB, to say that I don't think that it needs a lot of power. I'm looking for some pre-built module which can set to output 15V. Can you recommend me one?

Sorry, I wasn't clear. It can operate either:
- only on USB power + data
- on 15V SMPS + USB for data

I only said that it can run on USB, to say that I don't think that it needs a lot of power. I'm looking for some pre-built module which can set to output 15V. Can you recommend me one?

I wonder why you ask Cristi in this thread :confused:
Cristi builds high power supplies.
Search ebay for a 12V DC brick power supply (your dac takes 12-15VDC input). There are plenty available. The place where you bought your dac from should give you advice if you can't find by yourself ;)

I wonder why you ask Cristi in this thread :confused:
Cristi builds high power supplies.
Search ebay for a 12V DC brick power supply (your dac takes 12-15VDC input). There are plenty available. The place where you bought your dac from should give you advice if you can't find by yourself ;)

I'm asking him, because I found SMPS power supplies as low as 24V in his shop, what I was interested in is that if its possible for him to configure one of them to 15V. The reason I'm looking for one is that I want to upgrade from the one bundled with the product, a 15V wall-wart.

Hi Cristi, have done a NCDX-discrete amp with your SMPS and i'm happy with the results! you can view it here:

Fan photos from NewClassD | Facebook

i have 2 questions:
-it's better to put an IEC filter in the mains or not necessary with the A1000SMPS?
-the SMPS is electrically connected to the chassis via the fixing screws so the mains ground path is main-SMPS-chassis, it's ok to do that ?

Thanks in advance

Can add a IEC filter, but is not absolutely necessary, the board already has EMI filter.
The smps mounting holes and heatsink can be connected to the chassis, the smps heatsink is connected to the earth pin from mains connector and the secondary side GND can be connected to Earth through one resistor and capacitor.
Please post the pictures on the photo's section.

Can add a IEC filter, but is not absolutely necessary, the board already has EMI filter.
The smps mounting holes and heatsink can be connected to the chassis, the smps heatsink is connected to the earth pin from mains connector and the secondary side GND can be connected to Earth through one resistor and capacitor.
Please post the pictures on the photo's section.

Thanks Cristi! the photos are visible in that post:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/class-d/87913-class-d-amp-photo-gallery-37.html#post2568585

SMPS name

Hello Cristi
i try understand the name and topology of yours smps

SMPSxxxR = resonant f=110/250kHz V fixed +-10%
SMPSxxxQR = quasi resonant f= ? V fixed+-5%
CxxxSMPS = car smps resonant/quasiresonant ? f=? V fixed +5 -10%
A350/500SMPS = quasi resonant f= ? V fixed +5 -10%

A1000smps = ? f= ? main-out /aux regulated and variables

Right ?

Is A1000smps run at variable frequency ?

Best regards
Roger

Hi!

Some questions about your 3.6kw +-75v smps model.
What is the dimensions? Length width and height.
Is it possible to adjust voltage on this model within +-10% range like the 2kw one?
What kind of caps is on secondary side?
3.6kw is that guaranteed output power?
Whats the efficiency?

What would it cost to ship 2 or 3 units of this model to norway, with either DHL, FedEx or UPS?

Writing here and hoping for a quick answer.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.