• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Class AB Audio Amplifiers

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Since both the power stage and driver stage are supplied from the same output of a regulated SMPS, the driver stage is better to be additionally filtered with one inductor on each rail and capacitors to GND. a series inductor with two capactitors to GND forms a PI filter: Capacitor-input filter - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia this should be tunned to attenuate furthermore the remaining ripple of the smps. note that since the SMPS2000R switching frecv. is variable, so does the ripple freq. so the filter must be tuned to attenuate the ripple with the freq which match the switching frecquency at low-load when the amplifier plays low volume.

Indeed, and Each TA3020v4b can deliver more than twice the power of a single LME49810-500W amplifier, not to mention the increased efficiency, lower size and lower weight. the sound quality is similar when the amplifier is supplied from common available sources or not very expensive and efficient speakers are used to make the difference.

since this forum is not always accessible from my location, I set-up a small forum on the connexelectronic domain, don't be shy and click: Forum Connexelectronic • Index page

Hi Cristi,

Will you offer your 300W LME49810 amps
  • without heatsinks
  • with the OPS devices separate, so that I may solder them after I receive the kit?
Please let me know. I would like the OPS devices separate because I prefer to solder them to the board after I've fitted them to the heatsink, to minimise any strain on the solder joints.

If yes, what will be your price for two such kits? (I.e. for a stereo amp).

TCPIP: Untill last year the LME49810 amplfier without heatsink was available, but since we made the last batch the non-heatsink version was removed because all the amplifier modules were built with heatsink. please contact me by mail I might have few empty boards available. also consider that if the module is purchased without the transistors installed, you have to test it properly after transistors are installed and before use.

Hi Cristi,

I’m planning to make myself my 1st ClassAB amp DIY. Target is to make 2 mono-block.

Candidate I’m looking at is “500W LME49810 Audio Amplifier with Heatsink”.

From the manual on-line, it is stated that this module need +/- 78Vdc for power & +/- 84Vdc for driver stage.

I need a transformer 1.2KVA with main winding at +/- 56Vac and aux-1 winding at +/-60Vac and aux-2 winding at +/- 12Vac. I can’t seem to find this at you webshop. Do you sell such transformer? If so, how much??

In your current range of liner PSU, there is only one model available ‘Dual Rail Linear Power Supply [PS2-6C]” which only have max capacitors of 18,000uF at 71V.
This amp module need 4x18,000uF at 100V (assume for the power stage) PLUS 2x18,000uF at 100V (assume for the driver stage). Do you have such model/configuration? If so, how much??

I will also need “Speaker Protection Circuit [SPC1]” to customise for single channel in-out configuration. Will the price be the same?

I see that you also write about using SMPS as a possible alternative – will this type if implementation impacts the sound quality of the amp?
If using SMPS, that will need 2 (1 big one for the power stage & another small one for the driver stage).
Might also need 1 for the “Speaker Protection Circuit [SPC1]” – this board can take DC ??

Last edited:
the LME driver circuits do not need a different front end voltage from the output stage voltage.
That is an option that you choose, or not.

You can run the front end from the same supply rails using the same voltage.
or
you can run the front end from a capacitance multiplier from the same supply rails.
or
you can add a second pair of same voltage supply rails, from same voltage but separate windings.
or
you can add a second pair of low voltage rails above the main supplies.
or
you can add a high voltage pair of supply rails running slightly above the main supplies
or
you can add a high voltage pair of supply rails running substantially above the mains supplies and regulate them down to near the main supplies.

AS you can see there are many options. All work. Only the last two require a second high voltage set of windings.

I went to this post by Cristi dated March of this year, then went to his forum on his site and found this post by him, written at about the same time.

It's pretty clear that we should stop trying to reach him by posting on these forums on diyaudio -- the poor chap is overloaded. We should write email to him instead. I just did that, to the address he's published. I will see if I get a response.

I need a transformer 1.2KVA with main winding at +/- 56Vac and aux-1 winding at +/-60Vac and aux-2 winding at +/- 12Vac. I can’t seem to find this at you webshop. Do you sell such transformer? If so, how much??
Want to try Primrose Audio? They seem to be DIY friendly and can make toroidal transformers to order.

In general, I try not to import transformers (and large speaker coils) because the shipping costs are killing -- these are heavy things.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.