Burning Amp 2021 - Oct 16 & 17th, Fort Mason SF

I'm into it!

Hopefully the pandemic has cleared out by then.

I like a chance to listen to all the different setups. But I also like standing around and showing off what I brought. I've sorta wondered if it would make sense to have maybe a focal time for each room? But maybe it would be too crowded in some rooms if everyone tried to crush in at the same time.

I also wonder if assigned setup locations prior to the morning of the show might be a good idea.

Looking forward to the gear and the people!

Explosion - for sure. Nuke it and show a bit of mushroom cloud.

Or, show Smokey the Bear wearing headphones with a caption like, "Burn amps not forests."

Given the move in the US toward stricter controls around travellers and quarantine in line with the standards that the antipodean contingent has been dealing with for a while, I'd be surprised if I could do what I did last time and swing a quick visit.

The world's outlook might improve but to pick up on Rush's idea at Post #17 for pre-orders, what are the thoughts around going full merch-tastic? If I can't attend, I'd be keen to score a tee with the new art work. Whatever it is.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Can we pre-order tee shirts?
Then you’ll know what size and how many.
Just make it an option when we register.

For sure t-shirts will be available to order when you register.

I like a chance to listen to all the different setups. But I also like standing around and showing off what I brought. I've sorta wondered if it would make sense to have maybe a focal time for each room?

With more time and space I hope to make it a better listening experience. Producing music is the aim, producing smoke is just a byproduct!

-Tom-

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Also, we can work on a T-shirt design. We’ve kind of done every variation on the VUmeter with flames!

Variac:

Yeah, but I've always been disappointed that none of the BA t-shirts have had a sly reference to Nigel (or was it Marty?) saying "these go up to eleven."

Count me most definitely in; I'll have had my vaccines by then. Something wonderful to look forward to!

Regards,
Scott

Joined 2016
Paid Member
Wow Wow Wow. I remembered some discussion a little while back about whether BA would return this year but hadn't seen this confirmation of a date.

My wife has a new job posting in Washington DC. So we are planning to move there from Laos via the UK over the summer (say arriving September?). I've always promised myself to go if I was in the country!!! I've got a brother to visit near Fresno and Frisco is just up the road!!

It's in my diary

Joined 2016
Paid Member
Here in Laos, foreigners don't feature on any vaccine list regardless of age or status :)

Laos now has some SinoPharm vaccine available and the approach they are using is to prioritise civil servants and 18-55yrs -- ie. the means of production and those with highest mobility go first - aged and/or vulnerable have to wait. There is good argument for and against this approach.

I don't expect to get any vaccine until I get back to UK in June - hopefully will have to time to get fully done before onward travel to US.

Can you believe Laos has had just short of 50 cases total!! Yep!! We had a 3week lockdown last march but that was pretty much it for any measures - except that the borders have been and still are shut to all but humanitarian flights.

Sorry about threadjacking

You guys are lucky, here in Italy they are just vaccinating people who are older than 85, doctors, nurses and police officers. Us "common mortals" need to wait a bit more :D

But hopefully by october I should be already vaccinated and can make it to Frisco :)

Bit of a laugh. Buddy saw my carving mid project and said it resembled Nelson, I had to put my readers on him to be sure. [emoji16] IMG_1292.jpg