long Island, NY

Joined 2008
Paid Member
I was born in Glen Cove and raised on the north shore in Fort Salonga. Spent most of my misguided youth bouncing around Huntington/Smithtown area and studied at Stonybrook and then Queens College.

Real estate prices drove me out when we were looking for a house in 2005. I relocated to CT.

I’m still on the island all the time as we have family in Glen Cove, Sayville, Mineola, Whitestone and Brooklyn.

Hi Everyone,
I'm in Bellmore. I've been interested in DIY audio for a long time, though I don't build much anymore but looking to get my hand back in. I'm currently using Tekton 6" Fostex full range speakers with a Sure Tripath amp. I've had an off-again on-again relationship with wanting to build a discrete solid state volume attenuator.
Leve

I am now no longer anywhere near Long Island. In my youth I worked at Lafayette Radio in Scarsdale, and the head office was in Syosset. I remember visiting an audio shop in Roslyn. The owner had all the Dynakits for sale and an assortment of Frazier speakers. In fact he sometimes did sound for the Fillmore East with this stuff. A very captivating guy I can't remember his name. But I ended up buying lots of Dynakits there and a pair of Frazier dixielanders which had a 10 inch woofer in a folded horn, and a fostex high frequency driver on a wooden horn all in a compact box. They were extremely efficient and great sounding with the dynaco tube amps. In those days, early 1970s, Long Island represented audio nirvana to me.