Go Back   Home > Forums > >

Clubs & Events Audio related organizations and events

2021-2020 Burning Amp Festival
Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 28th December 2020, 10:46 PM   #81
Variac is offline Variac  Costa Rica
diyAudio Editor

Well we donít have to bet on it, as it costs nothing to reserve the space. The same as last year. I agree there is still the possibility of not being able to do it, but we can remind ourselves how much fun it will be when it happens and weíll get some good ideas for the next show no matter when it is.

Last edited by Variac; 29th December 2020 at 03:11 AM.
Old 4th January 2021, 05:10 PM   #82
Midnightmayhem is offline Midnightmayhem
diyAudio Member

Another thing I'm considering bringing in '21,which may cost me the few friends I do have, is my amplifier testing rig.
I've put together a nice bench of HP test equipment and I think it would be fun to check frequency response, power bandwidth, and distortion on people's diy stuff. That way they can have some data besides " hey I built this, doesn't it sound great"
We could even have a few running contests throughout the day.
Highest power under 1% distortion (tube and solid state)
Widest frequency response @1watt
Widest full power response.

Sound like fun?
I was going to bring a 334 distortion analyzer a scope, a few HP si e wave generators, and if I can finish it I got a 330 distortion analyzer (much older) which I may or may not finish up by that point.

Sound like fun?
Or am I fixin' to get chased out of town...
Old 4th January 2021, 05:11 PM   #83
6L6 is offline 6L6  United States
diyAudio Moderator

Absolutely bring it!!
Old 4th January 2021, 05:19 PM   #84
ggetzoff is offline ggetzoff  United States
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Variac View Post
Well we donít have to bet on it, as it costs nothing to reserve the space. The same as last year. I agree there is still the possibility of not being able to do it, but we can remind ourselves how much fun it will be when it happens and weíll get some good ideas for the next show no matter when it is.
Exactly, it should be planned as though it will happen! Let me know if I can help at all.

Cheers,

Greg
Old 6th January 2021, 06:41 AM   #85
Variac is offline Variac  Costa Rica
diyAudio Editor

Exactly what we need! . Actually we did have someone do that a while back.
It can be in with the commercial tables and snacks because it doesn't require a silent environment. A lot of people are curious about the amps they've built. Kinda like the dynomometer tent at car and moto races that will measure your HP!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightmayhem View Post
Another thing I'm considering bringing in '21,which may cost me the few friends I do have, is my amplifier testing rig.
Old 6th January 2021, 01:09 PM   #86
Mark Johnson is online now Mark Johnson  United States
diyAudio Donor
diyAudio Member

Bring enough trained colleagues who can also operate the equipment, that each of you gets a lot of time away from the booth. To schmooze with other attendees. To attend talks. To visit the other exhibits and listen to the ones performing demonstrations. To admire the spectacular views of Alcatraz, San Francisco, the docks, and the Bay.

It would be a terrible shame if you spent a bunch of money on a plane ticket and hotel room, and got stuck off in a corner next to the coffee wagon, doing nothing but hooking up people's DIY equipment to test gear, for nine solid hours.
  Reply to this post

2021-2020 Burning Amp FestivalHide this!Advertise here!