2020 Burning Amp Festival

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Well we don’t have to bet on it, as it costs nothing to reserve the space. The same as last year. I agree there is still the possibility of not being able to do it, but we can remind ourselves how much fun it will be when it happens and we’ll get some good ideas for the next show no matter when it is.

Last edited:
Another thing I'm considering bringing in '21,which may cost me the few friends I do have, is my amplifier testing rig.
I've put together a nice bench of HP test equipment and I think it would be fun to check frequency response, power bandwidth, and distortion on people's diy stuff. That way they can have some data besides " hey I built this, doesn't it sound great"
We could even have a few running contests throughout the day.
Highest power under 1% distortion (tube and solid state)
Widest frequency response @1watt
Widest full power response.

Sound like fun?
I was going to bring a 334 distortion analyzer a scope, a few HP si e wave generators, and if I can finish it I got a 330 distortion analyzer (much older) which I may or may not finish up by that point.

Sound like fun?
Or am I fixin' to get chased out of town...

Well we don’t have to bet on it, as it costs nothing to reserve the space. The same as last year. I agree there is still the possibility of not being able to do it, but we can remind ourselves how much fun it will be when it happens and we’ll get some good ideas for the next show no matter when it is.

Exactly, it should be planned as though it will happen! Let me know if I can help at all.

Cheers,

Greg

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Exactly what we need! . Actually we did have someone do that a while back.
It can be in with the commercial tables and snacks because it doesn't require a silent environment. A lot of people are curious about the amps they've built. Kinda like the dynomometer tent at car and moto races that will measure your HP!

Another thing I'm considering bringing in '21,which may cost me the few friends I do have, is my amplifier testing rig.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Bring enough trained colleagues who can also operate the equipment, that each of you gets a lot of time away from the booth. To schmooze with other attendees. To attend talks. To visit the other exhibits and listen to the ones performing demonstrations. To admire the spectacular views of Alcatraz, San Francisco, the docks, and the Bay.

It would be a terrible shame if you spent a bunch of money on a plane ticket and hotel room, and got stuck off in a corner next to the coffee wagon, doing nothing but hooking up people's DIY equipment to test gear, for nine solid hours.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.