2020 Burning Amp Festival

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2010
Paid Member
No virtual version this year but we may have a virtual event in the spring. I know Nelson Pass is working on a couple of interesting projects which he will find a way to make available.

Plan on a really great Burning Amp next October in San Francisco! (Covid willing....)

In the meantime, keep listening, keep building, and stay safe.

-Tom-

I was bummed that the event got canceled this year, but its for the better. My display project found a home, and i get some time to finish out something nice in time for next year.

My 2021 burning amp project has a thread at Audiokarma.
Basically i want to use everything I've learned about building tube preamps, to build myself a rack mount, 4 unit preamp, with 0 compromises. Its going to be built with all sorts of rare, high end parts, including Simpson VU meters, a custom built Daven attenuator switch.
Several stepup transformer options from Cinemag, and a true, dual Mono power supply, in its own sub chassis.
The tubes will be from the "special red" product line.
Its going to weigh a lot, and probably will not be replicated.
Burningamp is the highlight of my year, so expect great things once again out of Chico.
Stay home and stay safe.

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Hey we're all a lot more bummed than we even thought! Your projects sound very relevant to stuff I'm interested in. I think we'll all appreciate BAF even more this coming year, thus it will be the BEST EVER! I'll be there, as well as our new Organizer Tom. And Michael Rothacher will be there too!

We'll make sure to have more of the best Saturday seminars and build sessions, and the best presentations and more room for all the great stuff you guys are willing to demo on Sunday!

Mark Cronander
"Variac"

Last edited:
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Well great! We’re on a roll! Michael will contribute a lot...
Sometimes “you only miss a show when it’s gone” and I do miss it not happening....
It was a lot more fun for me in 2019 because I had some time to focus on a few activities such as the raffle and the Saturday talks, moving furniture around... Tom did the big organizing.

Last edited:
diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Great!
I think there will be more talks on Saturday next time. The combined talk on Sat. last time was a big hit!

October is the target month but it gets booked early, so often we would have to settle for November. Since there's no charge to reserve, it might make sense to do so. Yes, the Blue Angels and BAF are absolutely not compatible! But Fleet Week with the Blue Angels is almost always early October.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Hey, just an idea here ....

Since 2020 will soon end, without allowing a "2020 Burning Amp Festival", how about asking the Forum Moderators to create another brand new thread about the 2021 Burning Amp Festival?

You could ask the Moderators to move or copy over whichever posts in this thread, are of greatest value to a next year's festival.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.