What are you bringing to Burning Amp 2019?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2008
Paid Member
I’m glad to see interest in vinyl and phono amps.

I’m going to definitely bring my Le Pacific based Boozehound MM then.

I’ve had my SG4 up and running on my HW19 for a while and it is excellent. I also integrated a Roadrunner RPM unit. It’s a stand alone system. I can’t haul the turntable from Connecticut, but I might be able to bring the drive system if anyone needs it.

I could also bring some vinyl.

Perhaps we should have some kind of vinyl listing to avoid duplicates?

I’m considering turning a suitcase into a shipping crate internally so I could bring my LM3875 chip amp based mini system.

I have two extra arm wands for the SME Series III, on my turntable, but they are missing the connecting clips. If I can find replacements I will bring those, an alignment scale, and a stylus force gauge just in case someone has a cartridge they would like to try. Can't really afford a Feickert or any other tool that is called a protractor.

In addition, I will be bringing around 40 records. My collection is somewhat eclectic: early 60s Folk, 60s rock, some jazz, and classical. Favorite performers are Tom Waits, Leonard Cohen, Amalia Rodrigues, Mose Allison, Dylan, Baez, John Prine. More recently Gogol Bordello, Stevie Ray Vaughn,

If anybody wants to post a list of what they are bringing I will do my best not to bring a duplicate.

If there are enough of us "plasticphiles" we can attempt to get whoever is organizing the display rooms to put us all together. Remember: "Vinyl Lasts Forever, Save the Whale: Play Your Vinyl."

Bringing my B1 Korg preamp to the testing and measurement class. I might also bring my Texas Instruments TPA3255EVM Class D amplifier along too. With the Mean Well 350 watt SMPS, it will out out about 150 watts per channel. This power amp and the B1 Korg are a nice, musical pairing for a wide range of speakers. I use a pair of KEF LS50 bookshelf speakers with these amps, but it will be a bit much to bring those along too.

Bringing my B1 Korg preamp to the testing and measurement class. I might also bring my Texas Instruments TPA3255EVM Class D amplifier along too. With the Mean Well 350 watt SMPS, it will out out about 150 watts per channel. This power amp and the B1 Korg are a nice, musical pairing for a wide range of speakers. I use a pair of KEF LS50 bookshelf speakers with these amps, but it will be a bit much to bring those along too.

We will pair you up with a pair of speakers.

Cary

I spoke with another member of the Chico club yesterday and he is bringing his KT88 Monoblocks, which have been re-homed into some new hardwood chassis.
He may or may not bring a 6sn7 preamp he built. Another member Harold will be bringing his pension speakers like last year. Alan will probably be bringing a DIY preamp which I built him, as well as an Empire 298 turntable. I will still be bringing my Acrosound Ultralinear II power amp set. (You want to measure an amplifier? ) as well as the Point to point preamp I built for myself and hopefully also the Preamp I'm building for Roger as well. I'll also have my Empire 298 with us, and some records, tools, tubes and extra interconnects. I'm excited it'll soon be time!

I am bringing my Gubernator-71 amp, with switchable output impedance, from high to negative, to match to different speakers. It has 2x45W output, so if you want to test your low efficiency speakers, you are welcome!

Gubernator-71 amplifier

Also, I will bring my headphone amp, so if anyone wants to check it with planar magnetic headphones, or to compare to other headphone amps, you are welcome!

It can deliver up to 6 Ohm on 32 Ohm output.

Edelweiss-3 amplifier

Also, I am planning to bring a preamp/headphone amp prototype.

I was just re-reading this and checking out what you're bring- which all looks AWESOME! when I realized we're neighbors. I live in Pleasant Hill as well!

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
prepare basic info for displayed gadgets

please , prepare properly written/printed papers with explanation what sort of gadgets are displayed , and also your Diyaudio nick written on bottom or top of it

so , when I take zillion of pictures and post them everywhere , there IS basic info

:)

Hey Rhing,

We'd love to hear the B1-Korg in the Pass Pub on that Sunday sometime...I'll have the B1, B1 w/ transformer gain, so the Korg would nicely round out our preamp menu...we'll also have a unit of the preampcamp built unit.

As amps go, featured will be the SIT3 and a new surprise FW model...can we feel the excitement?

Will also likely have an Aleph J and Delite Amp that others will be bringing....

And, lots of speakers....looking forward to it!

Mario

I will be bringing speakers, basically Econowave Deluxes (DE250 + 12PR300 in MLTL cab's). It sounds like there will be plenty of amps and front ends available to drive them, most anything should work.

Probably also bring a set of Sennheiser HD650's to try out on whatever headphone amps are there. Happy to share those as desired.

Bill

I will be bringing speakers, basically Econowave Deluxes (DE250 + 12PR300 in MLTL cab's). It sounds like there will be plenty of amps and front ends available to drive them, most anything should work.

Probably also bring a set of Sennheiser HD650's to try out on whatever headphone amps are there. Happy to share those as desired.

Bill

I will bring a power amp and a headphone amp. The last year the amp was used for PA in the firehouse, this time I put it there to demo high end speakers, who wants.

Wavebourn - 45W/Ch SE class A1 high end amp prototype | Facebook

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.