What are you bringing to Burning Amp 2019?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I'm bringing mostly speakers: "Simple Two Way" designed by Scott Lindgren with MA 12pw and 7p's, a bookshelf pair of Pioneer Bofu w/ helper tweeter, a bookshelf pair of Seas coax's made from butcher block and possibly a pair of Microtower Castles designed by Dave Dlugos, featuring CSS EL70's. I'll also bring my older version of the Amp Camp Amp.

Anyone out there have any DIY FirstWatt amps and/or preamps? We'd love them in the Pass Pub room....or any other kind of DIY amp for that matter....

Mario

If people bring speakers they're welcome to drop by and and hook them up to the amp or two I'll have on display. I plan to have a class AB lateral mosfet output amp and if possible, a 2 X 10W class A partial feedback SE amp. I should havea full signal chain including TT, and CD player. I've been working lately on DC-DC converters to power my headphone amps, plus a special surprise which won't make any noise of its own but could turn some heads...

Last edited:
I'm bringing mostly speakers: "Simple Two Way" designed by Scott Lindgren with MA 12pw and 7p's, a bookshelf pair of Pioneer Bofu w/ helper tweeter, a bookshelf pair of Seas coax's made from butcher block and possibly a pair of Microtower Castles designed by Dave Dlugos, featuring CSS EL70's. I'll also bring my older version of the Amp Camp Amp.

Anyone out there have any DIY FirstWatt amps and/or preamps? We'd love them in the Pass Pub room....or any other kind of DIY amp for that matter....

Mario

Hi Mario,

I'm was planning on just bringing two verions of the Korg B1 Nutube that I built recently. I could bring an Aleph J I finihed ealier this year, my only concern is it's heavy and I'm having knee replacement surgery 3 days after BA. Is there load in by car and do you know how that works? If so I can bring the Aleph.

Jeffrey

Hi Jeffrey,

Great news about being able to bring B1-Korg...the extra gain may very well be helpful as we'll be using different amps, some of which may be shy on gain.

I'll be bringing a hand truck, so just show up to the Pass Pub and we can go down to your car to load the Aleph J....never heard one before and would be really psyched to have it in the house!

Regards,
Mario

Joined 2008
Paid Member
I just found out I’ll be coming to BAF. A surprise from my wife. She’s signed us up for events and to bring something along.

I’m just wondering what I could bring on the flight from Connecticut.

I have a Boozehound MM phono amp that I built from scratch that is fairly compact.

I worked on it a bit this past year so I could switch between two sources and put an MC head amp in front of one source if I like.

I also integrated a rechargeable NiMH battery supply with a meter that can be activated with a push button to monitor the supply voltage. It makes some humming noise when the meter is activated, but that’s only when testing the battery level.

Would anyone have any use for this?

I am bringing my Gubernator-71 amp, with switchable output impedance, from high to negative, to match to different speakers. It has 2x45W output, so if you want to test your low efficiency speakers, you are welcome!

Gubernator-71 amplifier

Also, I will bring my headphone amp, so if anyone wants to check it with planar magnetic headphones, or to compare to other headphone amps, you are welcome!

It can deliver up to 6 Ohm on 32 Ohm output.

Edelweiss-3 amplifier

Also, I am planning to bring a preamp/headphone amp prototype.

I'm hoping these will be finished and sound good enough to share. I also have a 4-channel Modulus 86 I can bring, but I haven't worked out a front end.

Bill

Attachments

• IMG_20191018_102559.jpg
    IMG_20191018_102559.jpg
    623.6 KB · Views: 405
I will be bringing my WHAMMY and my turntable which utilizes member Pyramid's SG4, from the Analog Source forum. If the display arrives in time--and I can get it to work--the turntable will also have a digital tachometer based on the Arduino Duo (also from the Analogue Source forum.)
At BA 2018 I didn't show the turntable, but there was a serious dearth of RIAA head amps: there were none. I don't yet have phono stage except the one in my preamp, which has no business at BA. So I'm hoping that there will be a stand-alone RIAA amp looking to pair up with a turntable. I will also bring along some vinyl.

Hal (Frogeye)

i'm hoping that there will be a stand-alone RIAA amp looking to pair up with a turntable. I will also bring along some vinyl.

Hal (Frogeye)

The Preamp (maybe 2 preamps) which I'm bringing are really great RIAA phono preamps. Hopefully Alan who is also in the Chico club will bring the "Members only" RIAA amp which I built for him, his has the cinemag step up transformers on the Moving coil side. In other words, we've got you covered. You can check out post #1 in this thread for a link to the AK build thread for the preamps...

Last edited:
Ill be bringing some records, and our club will be hitting the record stores on Saturday. The preamp i built has 3 line inputs, but the real magic is in the phonostage. Don't count on me bringing your favorite music, i like weird stuff. I too was astonished at the lack of vinyl related equipment. I guess people are moving on to digital music and there's no stopping that. It certainly is convienient...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.