Burning Amp Is November 9 & 10, 2019!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2010
Paid Member
DIY Exchange

Can I bring my Class A Amp kits to build on the Saturday ? I need help with it.

No the Saturday workshop is building the ACP+, the Class A headphone amp and pre-amp design Nelson Pass has just completed.

But we do have our panel of experts (Bob, Nick, Denis, and Zen) available to answer your questions in the Firehouse after their morning presentations.

So see you there!

-Tom-

Any chance I can get on the waitlist for the preamp or squeeze in? I really wanted to participate but somehow the announcement email never showed up in my primary email account. I'm so :mad:/disappointed right now.

Still trying to figure out why it didnt show up in my gmail.

Last edited:
I was going to come but the hotel situation isn't very good, everything seems to be too expensive unless you stay near SFO. I wouldn't mind that if it were an easy walk to the BART but nothing I've seen really is. I'm not wild about Airbnb either. I don't mind having an entire apartment or house, but everything I see is just a room. I did that once and while it was OK because the house was huge, you were still sharing it with a stranger, or more like the other way around.

I'll keep checking up to a few days before. I have total flexibility on the air and can choose to leave on a moments notice. So far the planes seem to have plenty of seats, but my son the pilot always reminds me that up to a day or two before the flight that is meaningless. As an alternative for me, the NY Audio Show is the same weekend. I've been to that before and never find it very satisfying, lots of expensive equipment that doesn't sound as good as my DIY system at home, and lots of new streaming products that can be replicated with existing computers that you already have and/or a Raspberry Pi. At least that's just a subway or bike ride away. (I'm not an anti-car guy, but there are two cities you just don't need or want them, NY and SF.)

Anybody else facing logistics issues?

Last edited:

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
It’s San Francisco. Hotels are expensive. I’m not wild about it either but sometimes the proper decision is just suck it up, spend the money, and enjoy the trip. Hotel this year was eye-watering for me. Oh well. It’s a great bunch of people and I wouldn’t miss it for the world. :D :D :D

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Both Workshops Now Sold Out!

Congratulations Marco, you got the last seat in the Measurement Workshop.

While the Saturday workshops are full, please come to the Sunday Main Event and for a wonderful opportunity to meet and greet your fellow DIY audiophiles, the Saturday Night Chinatown Banquet.

Burning Amp 2019 Sunday Main Event Only Tickets, Sun, Nov 10, 2019 at 9:00 AM | Eventbrite

Burning Amp 2019 Saturday Chinatown Banquet Tickets, Sat, Nov 9, 2019 at 7:30 PM | Eventbrite

See you at Burning Amp! -Tom-

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.