Burning Amp Is November 9 & 10, 2019!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2010
Paid Member
Seats still left in Measurement Workshop

Bob Cordell and Demian Martin are doing and incredible job in organizing the Measurement Workshop. It will include amplifier measurement (Bob) and speaker measurement (Demian) and a deeper dive into amp/speaker interactions.

- Amplifier measurement principles
- Speaker measurement principles
- Amplifier and Speaker measurement testing demonstrations
- Attendee hands-on measurements

I know as organizer this is one of my "must attend" sessions.

-Tom-

Joined 2019
Paid Member
Sweet. Any suggestions for a pre-BA get together on the Friday afternoon / evening, for those in a similar situation?

Not just yet. I'll most likely be with family on Friday. The opportunities are endless in SF for fun places to get together pre-BA. If I can swing coming in on Thursday, then I'd be up for a pre-BA get together on Friday.

:cheers:

Edited to add - Jim mentioned a potential dinner on Friday...

Last edited:
Not just yet. I'll most likely be with family on Friday. The opportunities are endless in SF for fun places to get together pre-BA. If I can swing coming in on Thursday, then I'd be up for a pre-BA get together on Friday.

:cheers:

Edited to add - Jim mentioned a potential dinner on Friday...

Thanks. Missed that. Sounds like a plan.

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Saturday Evening Chinatown Banquet Now Available!

We have arranged a Chinatown Banquet Saturday night at 7:30pm after the Workshops and before the Sunday Main Event.

Location is the Imperial Palace in the heart of San Francisco’s Chinatown. We have a semi-private banquet room on the second floor and seating is at tables of 10.

Price includes all food, tax, and tips. Beer or wine is extra.

Enjoy a convivial evening with your fellow audio enthusiasts!

Burning Amp 2019 Saturday Chinatown Banquet Tickets, Sat, Nov 9, 2019 at 7:30 PM | Eventbrite

If you have not pre-ordered the Sunday catered Indian Lunch at the Firehouse, and wish to do so, I have set up an Eventbrite event.

Burning Amp 2019 Pre-order Sunday Indian Lunch Tickets, Sun, Nov 10, 2019 at 12:00 PM | Eventbrite

See you at Burning Amp 2019!

I just searched this place on Yelp and this is the first thing that comes up:

Consumer Alert: Poor Food Safety Score!
Did you know that local officials inspect food service facilities to improve food safety?

Following a recent inspection, this facility received a food safety rating that is in the bottom 5% locally, and is categorized by inspectors as “poor”.

Being in the consumer protection business, we care a lot about your safety and will display this alert for six months or until we receive a significantly improved food safety rating for this business.

If you have not pre-ordered the Sunday catered Indian Lunch at the Firehouse, and wish to do so, I have set up an Eventbrite event.

Burning Amp 2019 Pre-order Sunday Indian Lunch Tickets, Sun, Nov 10, 2019 at 12:00 PM | Eventbrite

See you at Burning Amp 2019!

Tom, the menu looks like it's pegged toward the mild end of town. Will the caterers be able to provide some condiments to "amp up" the curries and give them a bit of zing for those that way inclined? It is Burning Amp after all.

Note that I'm not proposing to engage in "Scoville Unit Chicken", however that might offer lunchtime entertainment for some.. :hot:

I admit that I didn't think to look up Imperial Palace's inspection records. My bad!

However there were no signs on the doors, the food was quite good, and the place was very crowded last Saturday around noon.

-Tom-

Tom- you are going above and beyond to make this event happen and be fantastic. You can't possible anticipate everything. You are greatly appreciated!!

Joined 2011
Paid Member
A family friend was your classic "Big Tex" kind of guy. Huge fellow, talked loud, talked proud about all things Texas. His job involved a lot of travel and it royally pisszed him off when restaurants at his destination (often chosen by the client) didn't make the food hot enough or spicy enough.

He hit upon a workable solution: he always carried two or three of these with him on every trip. A couple of them in his briefcase and a couple more in his shaving kit. Now he was always ready, whether on the plane, grabbing a quick lunch on the way to a meeting, or at a business dinner. The heat that HE preferred, was always at hand. Always.

LINK

And you can borrow the idea for your visit to San Francisco / Fort Mason / Burning Amp. Prepare a small quantity of the heat that YOU prefer, put it in a little jar like these, and bring it along in your jacket pocket or purse or backpack. Either glass or plastic, whichever you prefer.

I admit that I didn't think to look up Imperial Palace's inspection records. My bad!

However there were no signs on the doors, the food was quite good, and the place was very crowded last Saturday around noon.

-Tom-

Good to hear that you're guided by personal experience. Local knowledge carries weight to me.

Great effort. Add my thanks again to the long list.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.