Burning Amp Is November 9 & 10, 2019!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
If you make it I will get you a new wire strippers!!! :yes: :yes: :yes:

klein-tools-wire-strippers-k12055sen-64_1000.jpg

hmmm, this is tempting. I retire at the beginning of August, and I fly for free. SF is always a great place to go. My only expense is hotel, and I can stay somewhere relatively cheap if I'm by myself. If my wife comes we'll stay somewhere a little nicer. Maybe I'll do some biking too.

The Chico Audio Club is planning to attend again this year. I can't say for sure what the other guys will have to show, but I've built myself a pretty sweet point to point tube preamp, and another just like it for my pal Alan. Alan 's will have an option for mc step up via transformers. I'll also bring a couple Acrosound Ultralinear power amps which I rebuilt last year. Should be a fun event!

The Chico Audio Club is planning to attend again this year. I can't say for sure what the other guys will have to show, but I've built myself a pretty sweet point to point tube preamp, and another just like it for my pal Alan. Alan 's will have an option for mc step up via transformers. I'll also bring a couple Acrosound Ultralinear power amps which I rebuilt last year. Should be a fun event!

Aaaahhh, with the great old Acrosound TO-330's?

In my youth I lusted for Acrosound output transformers, but had to settle for UTC Linear Standard LS35's.

KT88's or EL34s?

Cheers,
Bob

Looking forward to seeing you guys again!!!

I'm working with a set of TO-600 Acrosound transformers, or in other words a pair of ultralinear 2s. The TO-600 has a separate winding for the feedback system which is rather ingenious. I've got them loaded with new production Tung sol 6550 power tubes, and they will make 50 watts at under .5% Thd, according to my HP 334 distortion analyzer. They sound good too. Both amps are sporting all new passive components and new boards. I didn't have to do anything hard, just buy the stuff and solder it together. Brice on AK gets credit for the sweet boards...

The one that really required lots of time was the preamp I designed, that was a lot of work. Getting everything laid out in a point to point amp is a chore. There's lots of trial and error and lots of wasted parts. The result is totally worth it though, I've never had a preamp this nice and this functional. it's got 2 RIAA equalized phono inputs, 3 line level input, built in shorting for the unused inputs, and a mute function. The line stage is a SRPP topology so it has no trouble driving whatever amp I hook it to. The tubes all float on a vibration dampened sub chassis, and the power supply is neatly walled off from the audio section. DC heaters and it uses a potted transformer...

Hi,

This will be my first Burning Amp - I will be coming from the UK - you know, that little island off the coast of Europe surrounded by water!

I plan to bring an amp with me - I even plan to wire it for US 60Hz AC !! Does anyone know the protocol for bringing stuff? I assume there is a limit for table space and the a little notice ahead of time would help.

Who do I contact?

Many thanks, NICK CRESSWELL, UK

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.