Burning Amp Is November 9 & 10, 2019!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

Attachments

• 0C9D4B1D-9D9A-42D4-8F1C-8B07A527D39C.JPG
    0C9D4B1D-9D9A-42D4-8F1C-8B07A527D39C.JPG
    78.3 KB · Views: 670
Joined 2011
Paid Member
I haven't been to a two day Burning Amp festival before, please forgive me if this is a dumb question.

Where will the exhibited DIY gear be stored, the night between the two festival days? Will it remain in the show rooms at Fort Mason? Do they provide security? Lots and lots of people have keys to those buildings, including the ones who work there between Monday and Friday. It'd be a shame if one of them fell victim to temptation and stole some beautiful DIY gear.

Seems difficult to ask attendees and "exhibitors" to remove their DIY gear on Saturday afternoon, store it themselves overnight (in their hotel room??), and then bring it back on Sunday morning. Builders who bring great big loudspeakers or enormous heavy monoblock amplifiers, are going to have a rough time.

Hi all. I am new to the forum.
I'll be (hopefully) at the BAF 2019, since I live in SF.
Can't wait to see what everybody will be showing there!

Anybody bringing LXmini or similar speakers by any chance? I recently got interested in them. Would be great to hear them before starting the whole process of building them and the associated amps.

Is there anything related to headphones at the event?

Joined 2010
Paid Member
>>Anybody bringing LXmini or similar speakers by any chance? I recently got interested in them.

Linkwitz Labs will be there so you will get to hear the LX Minis. There should be several headphone amps being shown, and the planned build camp may be a headphone amp.

Its going to be a great event! See you there!

-Tom-

BAF 2019 Video : Image and Sound quality

BAF 2017 videos were good, but Papa talk schematics was not shown at full size but the fragments..oouuhhh
BAF 2018 records has sssszzzz sound noises :scratch::cannotbe:
Please what the cause is to avoid this do not happen again at BAF2019 ?

Video projector remote control and laser pointer make life easy
Rechargeable 200Miles Green Laser Pointer Pen Amazing Visible Beam Light Lazer | eBay
Kind regards :)

Hi, is there an itinery for the Saturday session(s)?

I have heard 'build', I have heard 'presentation'. I'm coming from the UK so I won't have any tools with me - just a lonesome old amp I'm been working on these last couple of years.

Part of it is based on the GEM amp, by Graham Maynard - deceased. Anyone remember Graham from this forum and his GEM amp design? I think a few people went on to build versions of it.

I can do a short talk about that is anyone's interested!

Thx, NICK CRESSWELL - UK

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
That about sums me up, Zennie!

Tom is the main Organizer this year. I think we have 2 Seminar Leaders
already for Saturday, Demian Martin and Bob Cordell, plus the PreAmpCamp
and the Sunday presentations are now booked too.

However we will look forward to seeing you at the show Nick!
I always think we should have a prize for the person traveling the furthest,
But maybe Zen Mod would like to come again and he’d win that probably!
I think the furthest anyone has come was from India.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.