Go Back   Home > Forums > >
Home Forums Rules Articles diyAudio Store Blogs Gallery Wiki Register Donations FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Clubs & Events Audio related organizations and events

Seattle/ Puget Sound DIY Show
Seattle/ Puget Sound DIY Show
Seattle/ Puget Sound DIY Show Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 25th March 2019, 01:13 AM   #1
TerryO is offline TerryO  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Seattle/ Puget Sound DIY Show

Hi All,

The 2019 Puget Sound DIY Show is being held on Saturday, August 10, 2019 starting at 10am on Mercer Island. This is a joint effort of the Pacific NorthWest Audio Society and the Sound DIY Club.

This is not a contest as such, but rather a "run what ya brung" meet, that is open to all interested parties that would like to display, view or listen to DIY Audio equipment. The event will be held at:

The Mercer Island Congregational Church
4545 Island Crest Way
Mercer Island, WA 98040

What you need to know is that the meet is scheduled for August 10th starting at 10am for the public, parking is free and there is no admission or entry fee. (If you have items to display, setup starts at 9:30am or so). We ask all interested parties that have gear they would like to show to let us know ASAP, in order to plan on how many tables, etc. we will need. If you bring bookshelf speakers, you may want to bring speaker stands from home. Hope to see you there!

Best Regards,
Terry Olson

Last edited by TerryO; 25th March 2019 at 01:24 AM.
Old 21st April 2019, 02:32 AM   #2
Dave R is offline Dave R  United States
diyAudio Member

Hi Terry,
I'll bring my TMMs -- hope there will be some amps there to hook up to.

And also, if nothing else delays me, I'll bring my long-awaited headphone tube amp. Still have the wiring to do, But I'm very anxious to see (hear) how it turns out.
Old 21st April 2019, 02:35 AM   #3
Tjj226 is offline Tjj226
diyAudio Member

I will try to have my new amps done by then. : D
Old 26th April 2019, 01:15 AM   #4
olsond3 is offline olsond3  United States
diyAudio Member

I put away the passive crossovers and I'm currently working to have my large 4-way speakers running with transconductance amplifiers with crossover and driver correction applied using a miniDsp 4x2 HD in each speaker. Should be a good time.
Old 26th April 2019, 03:10 AM   #5
renatus@britten is offline renatus@britten  United States
diyAudio Member

I'll be sure to bring several amps and a preamp.
Old 10th May 2019, 09:03 PM   #6
howardg is offline howardg  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Powered speakers are welcome at the DIY DAY

I probably won't bring an active speaker, because I am behind the curve, but Dana and Max, and others,please bring em on!

I am preparing to bring some cheap/fun HIFI kit to the meeting. The player and amp are built around commercially available modules. Many know about the Raspberry Pi + Allo Boss DAC server set-up that several of us have put together. I have added to this line up the Allo Volt+ chip amp and Bravo Audio hybrid tube headphone amp/ pre-amp. All the server and amp parts, minus the USB flash drive, cost about $250.00. It would work without the one-tube Bravo preamp, which cost about $65.00.

The Volt+ class D amp has very low distortion at about 15 watts/channel, though 50 watts/channel is advertised. With my speakers this amp plays loud and clean. The Volt + amp seems to need 8ohm speaker loads.

My 3-way contest speakers that work really well with the class D mini amp. The components in the speakers cost about $400.00 plus 1 sheet of plywood.
I will bring them and my open baffle speakers, and maybe others.
Old 30th May 2019, 07:02 PM   #7
nerdorama is offline nerdorama  United States
diyAudio Member

I hope to make it over so I can see everyone.
John
Old 30th June 2019, 04:26 PM   #8
diyAudio Member

Finally got some time to work on my headphone amp this weekend. It took a couple of days to gather up the pieces and figure out where I left off, but I'm back on track now. At this rate, it will be ready for Aug 10th.
Old 30th June 2019, 04:39 PM   #9
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave R View Post
Finally got some time to work on my headphone amp this weekend.
Here's a preview. The chassis was finished last year sometime. Padouk and walnut with an aluminum top plate. I'm working on the wiring now. It uses 0D3 voltage regulator tubes and 5842 triodes.
Anxious to get it done!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fin_left.jpg (291.4 KB, 208 views)
File Type: jpg fin_right.jpg (319.4 KB, 204 views)
File Type: jpg fin_rear_mnt.jpg (309.3 KB, 204 views)
File Type: jpg fin_front_mnt.jpg (309.4 KB, 203 views)
Old 1st July 2019, 09:14 PM   #10
howardg is offline howardg  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Mac Amp to power the open Baffle Speakers

While my vintage Mac 240 is not a DIY build, it is unusual enough these days that I think that it will be fun to bring it to power my 4 way open baffle pair. I still need to do some testing to see if I like the pairing enough to share them together. Naturally it will also be interesting to try Rene's amps and others with speakers we have built and will bring.

I am thinking to feed the Mac 240 from my Raspberry Pi server/Bravo Audio pre/headphone amp.

Seattle/ Puget Sound DIY ShowHide this!Advertise here!